Lead Logistics Business Partner NRSC
Primary Function: The Lead Business Partner, Non-Retail Supply Chain (NRSC), delivers project management, execution and development of systems, tools, and reporting for the NRSC Team and Operation. Subject matter expertise is critical to understand how business processes and data/information integrate and interacts with both internal (Target) and external (vendors, carriers, 3PLs) systems and processes. This role is responsible for business process architecture and related data flows for all NRSC operations, both Non-Retail Logistics and Retail Reverse Logistics. Additionally, this role is responsible for representing NRSC technology needs and the development, execution and implementation of initiatives centered around technology; this is inclusive of all phases such as Define, Design, Test, and Build. Further, this role acts as a liaison between NRSC and various Technology Product Teams to advocate and influence end-to-end optimization of the value stream. This role represents the entire NRSC business processes portfolio with ownership of business processes and technology solutions, including but not limited to, inbound transportation, outbound transportation, distribution, kitting, storage, handling, third party logistics (3PL) vendor management, reporting, tracking, issue resolution, communicating and other related functions.
- Manages overall business process and related technology strategy, planning and execution to support the NRSC operations team, both in daily operations and future supply chain initiatives
- Develops end-to-end data and process mapping with identified authoritative sources of truth for each required data attribute needed to send and receive between Target and 3PLs
- Identifies and establishes Product Ownership of each data attribute source system; asses risk and builds risk mitigation plans for critical business process and data flows
- Establishes future architecture roadmaps and timelines to achieve; prioritizes efforts based on risks and/or information and technology gaps; identifies appropriate API's that provide or receive required data attributes to process returns
- Enables migration of data exchange to new API Platform(s); decommission previous data integrations
- Define and develops technology requirements to support Target Salvage operations
- Leads development of systemic Freight Payment process with regards to Non-Retail Logistics and Transportation
- Manages centralization of all 3PL data; drives development of NRSC operational and financial reporting suite
- Acts as primary point of contact for technology initiatives between Target and external vendors
- Automate data flows, reporting and tools as desired
- Create ad hoc reporting and customized information to be used by both internal and external stakeholders
- Establish systems testing protocol (UAT, performance testing, escalation) and processes
- Serves as the technology liaison between NRSC and other internal business units, such as Indirect Procurement, Target Technology Teams, Construction, Stores and Supply Chain
- Serves as the NRSC technology representative in meetings to support Target EKI's (enterprise key initiative)
- Designs, builds, and deploys reporting that effectively communicates key metric performance and other critical updates to internal stakeholders
- Partners with cross-functional teams to analyze, recommend and implement technology or business process improvements
- Supports systemic, business process and technological development of Reverse Logistics capabilities, such as refurbishment, repair and salvage operations.
- Bachelor's degree required
- 5-10 years of relevant work experience
- Background knowledge of supply chain, logistics, sourcing/procurement, inventory management and systems management in a retail environment are required
- Familiarity with Reverse Logistics, Returns, Refurbishment and other related skills are preferred
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills are required
- LEAN Operations and Six Sigma skills and background is preferred
- PMP or other Project Management skills, background and certification is preferred
- Strong ability to plan, manage, and prioritize time/tasks effectively
- Self-motivated and demonstrates initiative; demonstrates ability to work independently
- Ability to develop relationships, both internally and externally and foster cross functional teamwork
- Demonstrated strong analytical ability, data visualization and business process integration with technology
- Ability to sort through ambiguity and work in sometimes undefined processes and information
- Ability to think independently, troubleshoot various issues, and drive/execute effective resolution.
- Advanced knowledge of PC Windows based applications (Excel and Word) required.