Lead Logistics Business Partner NRSC
4 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Primary Function: The Lead Business Partner, Non-Retail Supply Chain, delivers project management and project execution of several key strategies for Target within the Non-Retail & Reverse Logistics business units. Further, this role performs additional responsibilities to improve processes, systems, operational performance, analytics, reporting and other duties related to the success of the total end-to-end Non-Retail Supply Chain and Retail Returns and Reverse Logistics.The Lead Business Partner works directly with internal and external stakeholders to deliver program level results, ensuring that all service levels and key performance metrics are achieved. This role is a subject matter expert with respect to all project planning, processes, logistics functions and operations for Non-Retail goods and Reverse Logistics, including, but not limited to, inbound transportation, outbound transportation, distribution, kitting, storage, handling, third party logistics (3PL) vendor management, reporting, tracking, issue resolution, communicating and other logistics functions.This position is responsible for the planning, project management and execution of all Non-Retail Supply Chain functions and processes for new projects and initiatives to support Target's corporate strategies and direction. Additionally, the Lead Business Partner maintains the day-to-day functional relationships with vendors, manufacturers, 3PLs and internal relationships working cross-functionally to deliver results.Principal Duties:
- Manages program level strategy, planning and execution of key Target initiatives that require Non-Retail Supply Chain involvement.
- Serves as the liaison between Target's internal Procurement, Properties, Buyers, Stores, Technology and Construction teams and external vendors related to Non-Retail Logistics.
- Serves as the Logistics representative in meetings to support Target EKI's (enterprise key initiative).
- Designs, builds, and deploys reporting that effectively communicates key metric performance and other critical updates to internal stakeholders.
- Partners with cross-functional teams to analyze, recommend and implement solutions based on data, by actively identifying internal and external operational processes in need of improvement.
- Monitors shipments to ensure accuracy of parts, packaging, devices, components, collateral and labeling.
- Manages key performance metrics of third party logistics provider's service levels and other key performance measurements.
- Initiates, leads and tracks special projects with all 3PL's within Target's Non-Retail Supply Chain and Logistics operations.
- Actively involved in financial planning and payments of Non-Retail Logistics activities, such as budgeting, estimating, invoicing, auditing and all other financial related issues within assigned channels and projects.
- Development of Reverse Logistics capabilities and processes, such as refurbishment, repair and salvage operations.
- A Bachelor's degree is required.
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience within supply chain, logistics, sourcing/procurement, inventory management and/or operations management in a retail environment are required.
- Reverse Logistics, Returns, Refurbishment and other related skills are preferred.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills are required.
- Knowledge of general supply chain planning concepts is preferred.
- LEAN Operations and Six Sigma skills and background is preferred.
- PMP or other Project Management skills, background and certification is preferred.
- Strong ability to plan, manage, and prioritize time/tasks effectively.
- Self-motivated and demonstrates initiative; demonstrates ability to work independently
- Ability to develop relationships, both internally and externally, and work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated strong analytical ability and data visualization.
- Ability to sort through ambiguity and work in sometimes undefined roles.
- Understanding of retail accounting, finance, and analytics desired.
- Ability to think independently, troubleshoot various issues, and drive/execute effective resolution.
- Advanced knowledge of PC Windows based applications (Excel and Word) required.