HRIS Analyst & Payroll Rep - FT (HR Data HRMS Implementation)
SFM -- The Work Comp Experts. We’re more than just insurance!
…Ideas... …Innovation... …Imagination…
Since 1983, SFM’s mission has been to be the workers’ compensation partner of choice for agents, employers, and their workers. While we’ve expanded to over 14,000 customers in the Midwest, and have grown our offerings to include vocational rehab, safe patient handling, loss prevention, medical services (and more!), our focus continues to be unrivaled customer service, injury prevention, and results.
As an HRIS Analyst & Payroll Rep with SFM, you will effectively own the data in the HR system and ensure it’s structured, entered, maintained and used accurately by all end-users. This role acts as the system expert and is critical in driving key business and employee outcomes. Someone able to take ownership of system performance, demonstrate tremendous support to employees and management and provide insightful reports to the business will be highly valued. This role ensures HR data practices and activities support SFM’s mission, growth initiatives, and mobility strategies. Additionally, this position manages the payroll function on a bi-weekly basis and serves as liaison between the Company and the payroll vendor.
- Acts as project manager & liaison between the HR team and HRIS/payroll vendor (as well as HRIS and IT) to effectively manage system implementations, enhancement upgrades, and data integrity. Works closely with HR management to lead the team in meeting project deadlines.
- Provides end-to-end management of the system, including advising on and confirming processes, security settings, data structure and customization. Maintains HRIS system & employee files including new hires, terminations, salary increases, incentive payments, benefit enrollment, promotions, transfers, re-hire status, appraisals and leaves of absence.
- Manages and processes payroll on a bi-weekly basis, including entering new hire information, pay increases, W-4, direct deposits, benefit changes, garnishments, one-time deductions/reimbursements & other payroll related data. Imports timesheet information into payroll system & verifies accuracy and transmits to the payroll vendor.
- Gathers & interprets reporting related to regular payroll processing and benefits reporting (i.e. bonus reporting, gross pay, break-outs by cost centers, utilization, etc.) as well as ad-hoc reporting for other HR functions.
- Completes requests including employment verifications, garnishments, and duplicate W-2s.
- Manages the overall operation of the electronic timesheet system to ensure integrity of data.
- Responds and resolves help desk inquiries. Tracks and reports on overall quantity and type of requests and resolutions. Identifies and reports findings of end user needs/issues. Initiates efforts and procedures to maintain data integrity, troubleshoot and recommend solutions.
- Collaborates with HR team to develop and conduct HRIS training for end users. Develops and maintains up-to-date end-user training manuals and materials.
--We’re looking for--
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources -or- four (4) years of experience in similar field with;
- Two-plus (2+) years of payroll processing;
- Two-plus (2+) years working with HRIS/ HRMS systems (preferably UltiPro) and;
- Two-plus (2+) years in a data management & reporting role.
- HR designation (e.g. CPP, PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP), a plus.
- Highly skilled project manager with the ability to meet multiple deadlines.
- Technically savvy with expert level proficiency in MS Excel to skillfully manipulate data, including developing pivot tables, vlookup, match, modeling, etc. and experience implementing systems.
- Highest degree of professionalism, integrity & confidentiality; demonstrated discretion in the handling of highly sensitive information.
- Strong knowledge of wage & hour, employment laws and familiarity with applicable state & federal regulations.
- Firm understanding of HR business processes with ability to articulate vision to maximize HRIS capabilities.
- Strong communication skills with ability to educate & resolve conflicts, including ability to listen and speak clearly and concisely to those whom have a wide range of HRIS/payroll comprehension.
- Strong ability to analyze data & organize into user-friendly formatting/reporting through business intelligence.
- Strong commitment to service (responsive to emails, phone calls, proactive in providing feedback and maintaining communications with team & management).
- Team player, willing to do a variety of tasks in support of the team.
- Ability to perform extensive computer work, being sedentary for extended periods.
--Exciting & rewarding--
SFM was named a MN Top Workplace in 2015 and it’s not just because we offer a competitive salary and comprehensive insurance plans. We want our employees to feel proud, at home, and appreciated! Here are just SOME ways we show it:
- Relaxed, professional environment - BE YOURSELF
- Traditional -&- Roth 401(k) retirement plans with employer MATCH
- Charitable giving with employer MATCH
- PAID day to volunteer in the community
- SFM Foundation scholarship program
- Career mentor -&- development programs
- Company training -&- education reimbursement
- Wellness -&- safety programs
- FREE ON-SITE fitness center
- ON-SITE café -&- sick, new mother, -&- child care rooms
- FREE employee assistant plan (EAP)
- PAID holidays -&- leaves
- FREE short -&- long-term disability -&- life insurance
- College savings, adoption assistance, -&- savings bonds
- Pre-paid legal -&- identity theft protection
- Auto -&- homeowner’s insurance DISCOUNTS
- MERSC, Verizon, -&- gym membership DISCOUNTS
- Voluntary cancer, accident, -&- critical illness insurances
- Shortened workweek for WORK-LIFE BALANCE
- Alternative schedules -&- flexible hours
- FREE parking
- And MORE
- Click Here to APPLY! -&- Find out why SFM employees have stuck around for 30+ years!
- For more information, Check Us Out @ www.sfmic.com/careers -or- https://www.youtube.com/user/SFMcompanies!
NOTE: Please apply directly on our website. Emailed resumes will not be accepted.
If you feel any of your responses to the online profile or application will reveal your protected classification(s), do not provide that information. Do not provide high school dates of attendance or graduation. The online application and profile allow you to upload a resume/cover letter instead of manually entering all of your information.
If you need assistance during the application or interview process due to a disability, please contact Human Resources at (952) 838-2083 so accommodations may be discussed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SFM Mutual Insurance Company and each of its parent companies, subsidiaries and/or affiliated companies are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital, familial, or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected classification.
SFM Companies, EEO/AA Employers