Vendor Liaison Associate
Vendor Liaison Associate
Never heard of vending management? Our company was on the ground floor of its evolution, and now Best Vendors Management is the largest national vending and office coffee management company. We are a unique company that works with small transactions to create big solutions for our clients! Best Vendors, based out of Golden Valley next to Theodore Wirth Park, is a division of Compass Group, the world's leading foodservice and vending provider.
A fresh approach to great results
Are you a good problem-solver and communicator? If so, Best Vendors has an exciting position for you to check out! Our Vendor Liaison provides information, communication and resolution to vendors, to ensure successful rollouts of new client business and on-going client programs. This position handles escalated project issues from clients to address unresolved issues; builds relationships with assigned vendors to aid in project resolution; escalates project completion deadlines to upper management and ensures all client timelines are met within the established guidelines.
More specifically, in this role you’ll be able to:
Internal Project Reporting & Administration
- Manage existing client program changes within vendor branch by the deadlines;
- Report status of projects to team members and vendor branches;
- Coordinate schedules for vendor branch transitions;
- Communicate client’s expectations to vendor branches;
- Resolve disputes between client locations and vendor/branches by working with internal team members.
- Project Management: Evaluate deliverables; Establish schedule Identify and communicate issues; Discuss project status and communicate client’s expectations; Determine internal resource requirements of projects based upon project needs.
Recordkeeping and Data Management
Communication/Account Management: Follow-up with vendor branch on outstanding issues, and build and maintain relationships with stakeholders.
- Two (2) plus years of intermediate Microsoft Excel required – not just data entry – calculations, VLookup, data manipulations, etc.; Intermediate Microsoft Word experience.
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills required with proven ability to develop and maintain positive internal and external work relationships.
- Demonstrated conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Strong customer service and problem solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented, accurate and able to juggle multiple priorities.
- Experience in JD Edwards and Business Objects or similar ERP program (i.e. Oracle, PeopleSoft, SAP) and report writer program (i.e. Crystal Reports) strongly preferred.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma required; post-secondary education strongly preferred; a Bachelors’ degree preferred.
- With a Bachelor’s degree, one year of advanced customer service experience is required; with a high school diploma, three years of advanced customer service experienced is required.
- Experience managing accounts, projects and clients/vendors strongly preferred.
If you find our company intriguing and the position sounds like a great fit … what are you waiting for? Click Apply Now!
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Amenities: Medical, dental, vision, supplemental insurance, PTO, holidays, matching 401(k); Free Parking; Free on-site fitness room; Casual dress on Fridays, plus raise money for a cause to increase casual days; State of the art lunch room with complimentary snacks, fruit, and coffee/tea/hot cocoa; Popcorn Fridays; Paid time off to volunteer for corporate sponsored events; Sporting event tickets frequently raffled off; Discount Marketplace (discounts and products from thousands of retailers, restaurants, hotels, etc.); Multiple company sponsored social events per year, etc.
Key words: Assistant Project Management, Project Admin, Contract Management