Quality Assurance Supervisor
7 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Inginaire is looking for a Quality Assurance Supervisor for our client in Owatonna, MN. Our client is a world leader in the manufacturing of air conditioning equipment. The person in this position will plan, coordinate, and direct quality assurance programs designed to ensure quality production of products consistent with established standards by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors. This is a direct hire opportunity!
- Maintains quality assurance objectives complementary to corporate and business unit policies and goals.
- Audits new and existing processes for conformance to company procedures Interprets quality assurance philosophy to key personnel in organization.
- Performs quality engineering reviews of design documentation for compliance with stated requirements, including vendor quality manuals and company quality records.
- Works with design engineering on the planning, development and launch of new products Applies statistical process control (SPC) methods for analyzing data to evaluate the current process and process changes. Decides whether to accept a vendor product or continue business with a vendor based on a review by the quality assurance engineer.
- Reviews all data obtained during all quality assurance activities to ensure consistency with company policies and procedures. Develops new approaches to solve problems identified during quality assurance activities. Keeps management team abreast of significant issues or developments identified during quality assurance activities and actions being taken to improve the situation. Prepares and presents technical and program information to the management team.
- Directs technical and administrative workers engaged in quality assurance activities.
- Maintains a working knowledge of government and industry quality assurance codes and standards.
- Plays an active role on cross functional project quality management teams within the organization.
- Designs and implements quality assurance training programs to key personnel in conjunction with managers.
- Investigates and adjusts customer complaints regarding product quality.
- Provides assistance to Quality Manager regarding warranty issues and customer complaints for the company's products.
- Serve as an internal auditor for the facility quality systems.
- Bachelor's Degree (Technical, Scientific or Engineering)
- Three to five years related experience
- Proficient in quality tools; i.e. assessments, First Article, FMEA, Problem solving, Root-Cause Analysis, Corrective Action, Mistake Proofing and Process Control Language Skills
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present technical information and respond to questions from groups of managers and customers, clients, customers, and the general public.