Sr Front End Engineer - Target.com
- As a developer you will code anywhere in our technical stack, from Node.js to React.js. Deliver quality code both on front end and back end.
- As a software architect you will implement solid design patterns to our highly scalable web and mobile application
- You are expected to contribute to our overall online architecture
- As a technologist you are expected to become expert in your functional area
- You will work on continuous improvement projects within the team and mentor other engineers
- You will need to work closely with the product team and participate during grooming process.
- You will provide technical expertise to the product team, advise best practices and highlight any risk.
- You will own test cases and certify your code by providing unit test coverage.
- You will contribute to functional testing by writing browser automation code.
- You may provide hands on work to migrate code and data to release environments and execute release activities when needed
- BS degree in computer science or related technical field
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years of experience in web technologies.
- Proficient in web frameworks like Backbone, Angular, Ember, React.js.
- Experience developing Adaptive or Responsive websites using UI technologies like html5, css3 and jQuery.
- Solid foundation in Computer Science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design optimized for large-scale distributed software systems
- Knowledge of software design patterns
- Proficient in any Unit testing framework
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Experience in agile software development.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and demonstrate technical leadership.
- Strong analytical/troubleshooting skills
- Familiarity with front-end build tools, such as Grunt and Gulp.js
- Experience with Node.js.
- Understanding of fundamental REST API concepts.
- Experience writing functional testing with any automation framework.
- Exposure to DevOps tools, processes, and culture.
- Awareness in working with Mobile technologies like React native.
- Awareness of new and emerging front-end technologies.