MMCAP Finance & Accounting Unit Supervisor
Job Class: Accounting Supervisor Senior
Closing Date: 01/03/2017
Division/Unit: Materials Management/MN Multistate Contracting Alliance for Pharmacy (MMCAP)
Salary Range: $23.76-$34.43/per hour; $49,611-$71,890/annually
The incumbent will supervise the Finance and Accounting unit in accurately accounting for actual and forecasted MMCAP revenues and expenses so that members pay and receive negotiated benefits (i.e., shareback) and MMCAP is able to continuously monitor the financial sustainability of its business models. The incumbent will oversee line of business accounts, conduct regular and selected audits and evaluations, assist in developing MMCAP line of business budgets, undertake sale volume forecasting, review and update administrative cost allocations, conduct trend analysis, and perform financial reporting.
- Three years of progressive professional supervisory or lead work experience in accounting, finance or a related field. A Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field may substitute for one year of experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Knowledge of the laws, statutes, and regulations governing fiscal operations.
- Understanding of estimated accounting.
- Ability to perform high-level accounting and financial analysis.
- Ability to identify and resolve complex problems, and implement solutions.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e., Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Broad range of accounting experience including accounts receivable, accounts payable, purchasing, cash receipts, etc.
- Experience in Governmental accounting.
- Experience supervising staff performing auditing functions.
- Knowledge of Pharmaceutical and other Healthcare Products and Services Group Purchasing.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel (i.e., interpretation of a profit and loss statement, determining underlying cost components of products and services, etc.).
- Familiarity with Quickbooks and Crystal reports.
- Experience with State fiscal systems such as SWIFT, SWIFT Data Warehouse, or other comparable systems.
- Team building skills to maintain a positive, trusting and respectful work environment. Ability to successfully work with a diversity of people.
Additional Requirements: **A successful candidate must pass an employer reference check**
It is the policy of Department of Administration that all candidates submit a background investigation prior to employment. The background check may consist of the following components:
SEMA4 Records Check
Criminal History Check
Employment Reference Check
Why Work for Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
This position is located in Minnesota's great capital city, Saint Paul. The State of Minnesota offers employees a subsidy for public transportation allowing for convenient and easy access to commute to work. Ride the new METRO "Green Line" Light Rail Train to work! The Robert Street Station is located close by.
How to Apply:
For additional information about the application process and to apply, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers. Apply to Job Posting #10064. If you are unable to apply online, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637.
If you have questions about the position, contact Nella Austin at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651.201.8005.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637 or email email@example.com. Please indicate what assistance you need.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/hvsjxf3zjd