Customer Service Representative
Doherty Top Talent is partnering with a Fortune 400 food distribution company located in Edina in search of a Customer Service Representative. This is a Direct Hire opportunity with 4 10 hour shifts scheduled Monday, Tuesday, Friday, and Saturday 6am-5pm with a 1 hour lunch. Employees are responsible for responding to phone, mail, email, and face-to-face inquiries from customers and prospects as well as gathering and exchanging information to adjust orders, process credit requests, and various assigned tasks. Interested parties should have strong communication skills, a call center background, and CRM experience.
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVES:
- Respond to a variety of inquiries and complaints including basic contract requirements, quotes, delivery dates, special and automatic shipments for accounts, check on status of a credit, etc. Contact other departments and locations within the organization to respond to customer inquiries according to standard scripts and procedures.
- Process orders and shortage requests.
- Maintain records and files regarding customer interactions via Customer Service Management system; access customer account information to facilitate such interactions.
- Monitor, review, research and resolve discrepancies received through merchandise pick up request forms.
- Take action to solve basic problems and escalate more complex ones to Customer Service Manager based on established guidelines.
- Handle incoming calls in a professional, helpful and timely manner.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with key customer contacts; through interactions build an understanding of business issues, future needs, etc. and document such information and inform sales personnel as appropriate.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE:
- High School Diploma required
- Two years of customer service experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to effectively listen and elicit information. Knowledge of commonly-used customer service concepts, practices, and procedures. Computer literacy and ability to use on-line system for input, maintenance and inquiries. Competency in computer software packages.
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM a plus.
- May be required to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. The associate is frequently required to sit/stand/walk. May be required to travel.