7 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
The University of St. Thomas welcomes qualified candidates to apply for a Purchasing Agent position within Dining Services.
This position oversees the entire purchasing process for residential and catering functions in the View, utilizing the primary software system CBORD. The position reports to the Assistant Director and Dietitian and works closely with the Receiving Clerk, the Catering Chef and the Production Chef. The position will be required to work Sunday-Thursday. This position is considered essential and will be required to report to work during school closings.
- Conduct daily walk-throughs of storage areas to assemble the daily vendor orders utilizing order guides, catering event sheets and cycle menus for the View.
- Analyze sales records, check inventory levels, reports changes in the market that may affect the availability or price of supplies, identify suppliers that may provide supplies at a lower cost, and develop and maintain relationships with key vendor sales reps.
- Maintain quality standards and purchase products that have been specified during the recipe development process. Product changes must have prior approval by Asst. Director/Dietitian, unless product is out of stock or product number has changed.
- Attend catering meetings to help determine proper purchases for menu items and inventory levels.
- Maintain updated order guides and CBORD documentation for all vendors, recommending changes to improve financial objectives.
- Conduct daily review of products purchased/received and work with Receiving Clerk and Assistant Director to conduct weekly inventory
- Other duties as assigned.
Job may require working more than 40 hours per week to accommodate catering business and weekends.
This is a full-time, benefits eligible position. The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes medical, dental, vision, life, long-term care, legal, and disability insurance coverages. Offerings also include retirement plans, flexible spending accounts, a health savings account, and an employee assistance program. The University provides tuition remission to its employees, spouses, and dependents. In addition, the University values a healthy work/life balance and has generous provisions for paid time off.Qualifications:
Minimum qualifications: High school diploma or the equivalent and three (3) years of experience in purchasing.
Preferred qualifications: experience working as a cook, sous chef, or purchasing agent in a Hotel, University, Resort or comparable institutional setting; and possession of a valid serve safe certificate.
Knowledge of: Microsoft Office and the CBORD Menu Management System (or similar food purchasing/menu management program) in addition to strong overall computer skills.
Skill in: Ability to work independently. Ability to work with people and assign tasks as business dictates. Strong attention to detail, organization and negotiation skills. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Strong math skills and basic knowledge of weights, measures and volume. In-depth knowledge of a wide variety of food products, preparation techniques, preparation equipment, and food storage requirements.
Inspired by Catholic intellectual tradition, the University of St. Thomas educates students to be morally responsible leaders who think critically, act wisely, and work skillfully to advance the common good. The successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission statement.
In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with the University of St. Thomas requires successful completion of a background screening.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website. If you are viewing this posting from a site other than “Jobs at St. Thomas”, the University assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of information.
Special Instructions to Candidates:
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Applicants will be asked to upload a resume to their profile and copy/paste a cover letter into the application.