Sr Merchandise Analyst (International - China)
This role will be responsible for executing Target's China merchandising and inventory planning strategy. You will leverage your experience to support formulating, building, and managing the merchandise plan for China. You will work with cross functional teams and external partners to select new and evaluate existing merchandise. The ideal candidate will have experience in merchandising and demand planning, is familiar with retail and ecommerce industry, and has excellent collaboration and time management skills. Understanding of the China market, regulatory requirements, and being capable of wearing many hats will be a plus.PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Formulate, manage and execute product selection and assortment plan, monitor sales & margin targets of all product categories
- Work collaboratively with vendors, buyers and China team on pricing alignment & governance mechanism. Be key contact points for vendors and buyers regarding products selection, pricing, assortment, logistics and replenishment.
- Develop and execute assortment and inventory plans that support financial objectives of overall Target China business
- Analyze sales trends, consumers' online shopping behavior and competitor analysis to ensure optimized product mix with the right inventory levels and pricing
- Analyze sales results, conduct sales and inventory forecast on weekly, monthly and quarterly basis
- Develop and manage exit strategy of slow moving and discontinued products to minimize residual inventory
- Plan, manage and communicate inventory planning for promotional events. Participate in meetings to ensure cross functional team and respective stakeholders are aligned on product launch plan, promotion campaigns and execution plan
- Seasonal planning and merchandising analysis including buying efficiency and assortment analysis.
- Conduct competitors' pricing analysis for a better price position in China
- Bachelor's degree or related experience
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in merchandise and assortment plan preferably in FMCG industry. Ecommerce knowledge and international experience preferred
- Strong product knowledge and familiarity with merchandising process
- Able to work under pressure, result oriented, self-motivated, and detail minded.
- Strong data analysis and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills, independent, friendly and outgoing
- Advanced level in Excel and PowerPoint
- Fluency in Mandarin and China experience is a plus.