GPM-Distribution Inc. is a best-in-class fluid processing equipment distributor focused on service, engineered solutions and aftermarket support. We believe that the foundation of our growth needs to be in our customers, employees and communities. We will achieve this through investments in training, communication, systems and a culture of empowerment.
The Service Coordinator/Technician is primarily responsible for completing all rotating equipment repair documents and coordinating shop activities. The Service Coordinator/Technician will be responsible for working with the team to accurately assess the equipment referencing BOM’s to generate inspection reports, assemble repair quotes, order parts etc. while maintaining company safety, quality and efficiency standards.
The Service Coordinator/Technician also serves as a backup to the Shop Service Manager and will be asked to assist in conducting rotating equipment repairs and support other shop activities.
The Service Coordinator reports directly to the Shop Service Manager.
- Collaborate with service technicians and inside support teams on equipment repairs to generate accurate inspection reports and repair quotes
- Research BOM’s and parts sourcing
- Coordinate and schedule shop activities
- Provide accurate information and assistance to the Service Manager and customers which includes but not limited to: determining pick-up and delivery needs, problem resolution, supply chain sourcing and selling company services
- Field customer phone, e-mail and fax inquiries including but not limited to: order status, billing and/or invoicing questions, etc.
- Verify and complete required documentation and reports
- Perform administrative/clerical functions including but not limited to: maintaining files, copying, imaging, answering phones, etc.
- Perform other duties as required
- Embodies GPM-Distribution’s Core Values
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to coordinate effectively with customers, vendors and team members
- Strong written communication skills
- Advanced computer knowledge including Microsoft Excel
- Strong math and analytical skills as well as eye for detail
- Strong organizational skills; must have ability to prioritize workload effectively
- Ability to solve problems and carry out responsibilities with minimal supervision
- Effective troubleshooting and problem solving skills
Education and Experience:
- College degree and/or Military/Technical Degree preferred
- Customer service, dispatching or project management experience
- Mechanical or maintenance background
- Advanced customer service skills
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Office and ERP software
- Ability to multi-task
- Highly Organized
- Knowledge of industrial equipment a plus
Primarily works in both office and shop environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or extended evening hours when necessary. Limited travel required.
Salary and Benefits:
Company offers competitive salary and excellent benefits including full medical, dental, 401K and Profit Sharing Plan.