Legal Department Administrator
1 day left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
The purpose of this position is to provide general administrative and office support to the legal department, assist with special projects and provide back up support to the legal staff. The legal department currently includes 5 attorneys, 2 paralegals and one other legal admin. This position is full-time 8:30am-5:00pm, Monday-Friday and is direct-hire.
The available Administrative role includes the following responsibilities:
- Providing dedicated support to 2-3 attorneys including: answering calls, scheduling appointments and travel, preparing expense reports, revising and proofing legal documents and reports, drafting memoranda and other correspondence, sending and receiving mail, greeting visitors, and other projects as assigned. Similar but infrequent assistance to paralegals.
- Managing various collaborative reporting processing including: tracking deadlines, drafting and proofing documents, following up to ensure timely submission
- Managing department invoice processing including: tracking and review, submission to accounts payable and creating reports
- Managing multiple email accounts for specialized processes, including service of process and lease review
- Maintaining paper and electronic files and databases; administrator of document management software
- Cooperative planning and execution of annual legal conference
- Assist paralegals in matters of corporate governance; this could include: preparation of corporate minutes/resolutions, filing corporate reports with government agencies, maintaining corporate record books, maintaining corporate org charts.
- Support special projects and perform any additional responsibilities as requested or assigned.
- Back up department counterpart and occasionally other office administrative staff.
- Integrity, dependability and flexibility.
- Self-motivated, proactive, organized and attentive to detail.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and ongoing projects concurrently.
- Strong computer skills; typing speed of at least 50 wpm.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability and desire to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Knowledge of real estate, title, insurance and/or mortgage business is helpful.
- Minimum of high school diploma or the equivalent; post-secondary degree preferred.
- Minimum of three to five years’ administrative experience
- Experience in a corporate legal department preferred
Please apply online at http://doherty.jobs, or contact your nearest Doherty recruiter.
· Edina: 952-832-8363
· Minneapolis: 612-208-1611
· Roseville: 651-489-5000
Download our mobile app for iOS & Android | www.doherty.jobs/app
Apply for Legal Department Administrator
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly