Warehouse Specialist (1st Shift)
The Warehouse Specialist is responsible maintaining daily warehouse activities regarding the flow of raw materials and finished goods. Other accountabilities include performing all related warehouse duties and leading the Warehouse Associates. The Specialist also trains new team members and communicates relevant information to team members, their supervisor and customers both internal and external.
- Operate forklift equipment to perform required duties to support production, fill customer orders and ensure consistent flow of materials both inbound and outbound.
- Meet and Support department goals for efficiency.
- Lead and participate in continuous improvement efforts.
- Direct associates to ensure required tasks such as shipping, receiving, production support and are accomplished timely and efficiently.
- Ensure shuttle loads between locations are moved efficiently and ensure that short items are moved efficiently.
- Perform necessary checks to ensure that customer and production orders are filled accurately and efficiently and ensure that product is stored, received, and shipped to our quality standards.
- Perform all transactions accurately and timely to ensure integrity of the inventory systems.
- Perform cleaning duties and direct associates in cleaning duties so as to maintain our AIB/GMP requirements.
- Assist with Cycle Count process and be responsible for accuracy of transactions by associates.
- Perform daily checks on equipment, train and ensure associates are performing daily checks and operating equipment in a safe manner.
- Follows all policies and procedures regarding safety, ensures associates are following safe practices.
- Participate in and lead company and department safety initiative.
- Promote teamwork and positive work environment through use of leadership modeling behavior to support department and cooperate goals.
- Train employees in processes and procedures, provide feedback to warehouse supervisor or manager regarding associate performance, efficiency and development.
- Ensure documentation and processes are handled accurately and according to ISO procedures, participate in development and verification of ISO documentation.
- Provide accurate, prompt and courteous communication to all internal and external customers, carriers and vendors.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- One (1) year of relevant warehouse experience
- Ability to pass a vision test including: Visual acuity-corrected vision of at least 20/40: peripheral vision and depth perception
- Must complete forklift certification upon hire
- Basic Math, Computer and Mechanical Skills
- Strong Knowledge of inventory control, warehouse workflow, and FIFO
- Ability to communicate in English both verbally and in writing
- Proven ability to work independently and lead others
- Good problem solving skills
- Forklift experience (both stand-up and sit-down lift preferred)
Work Environment Conditions:
- Inside – warehouse/manufacturing environment
Equipment/Tools Used: (office equipment, machinery, tools, software, etc.)
- Forklift equipment, balers, scanners, computer, calculator, material handling/packaging equipment, stretch wrapper, Microsoft office- Excel, Word, Outlook, Oracle
- Normal Office-Frequently-Use of computer
- Light Work (lift 10 lbs): Frequently-raw material and finished good movement, UPS
- Medium Work (lift 11-30 lbs): Frequently-raw material and finished good movement, pallets and UPS
- Heavy Work (lift 31-50 lbs): Frequently-raw material and finished good movement, pallets and UPS
- Very Heavy Work (lift over 50 lbs): Occasional-raw material and finished good movement, pallets, UPS
- Other Physical Requirements: bending, stooping, climbing, reaching, twisting, standing for long periods of time and visual acuity test
- Reading, Writing, Calculating
- Interpersonal Skills
- Works with Minimal Supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively
Travel Frequency (in addition to seminars or related training):
- Occasional Travel required to other Placon locations