Intake Specialist-South Metro
The purpose of the Intake Specialist is to serve as the first contact for our clients both in person and over the phone for the organization. The Intake Specialist is responsible for coordinating intakes, verifying insurance, conducting authorizations and working with the billing staff to provide exceptional customer service to all internal and external customers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assure timely, respectful and solution focused communication with all clients, employees, and vendors via in person and over the telephone.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of all programs in order to effectively answer inquiries.
- Answering all incoming calls and routing them appropriately.
- Scheduling client appointments, checking in clients, collecting payments, and entering client information into company database.
- Coordinating appointments and paperwork with contracted agencies.
- Performing phone intakes with new clients by gathering and inputting informational data.
- Performing appointment reminder calls on a daily basis.
- Explaining programming and basic billing codes to insurance companies.
- Act as an extension to the billing office by obtaining the appropriate insurance information to conduct insurance verifications and acquire an authorization for services.
- Scanning, faxing, and copying insurance and client information.
- Updating and entering client notes for client’s communication.
- Ensuring phone lists are updated for the entire organization.
- Maintaining accurate balance and use of petty cash.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and HIPAA compliance.
- Demonstrated proficiency in and knowledge of Microsoft applications (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- This position requires a high school diploma (Associates Degree or Bachelors Degree preferred).
- 1-3 years of customer service or administrative experience.