$1000 Hiring Bonus for Spanish Speaking MA's
West Side Community Health Services (WSCHS) is Minnesota's largest federally-qualified health center. As a non-profit, WSCHS aims to serve the underserved regardless of their ability to pay. We are currently looking for a Spanish-speaking MAs at both of our main locations: La Clinica and East Side Family Clinic. This position is part time or full-time and offers great benefits including PTO, Medical/Dental, Company Paid Disability, and Retirement.
For more about this job and our other job opportunities please visit our Career Center (http://tinyurl.com/WSCHS-Jobs) or click the apply link to directly apply for the La Clinica position.
Provide direct patient service including rooming, vitals, information updates, scheduling of routine/follow-up/special appointments, and verification of payment source.
- Seek to understand and meet the needs of customers (patients, families, vendors, coworkers) through respectful, courteous and culturally sensitive interactions.
- Actively participate and work positively, flexibly and cooperatively in a patient care team within and across departments to accomplish the goals of the organization.
- Demonstrate effective, culturally sensitive communication skills and effectively communicate verbally and in writing with a variety of people.
- Know, understand and adhere to organizational policy related to the patient’s rights for confidential care.
- Escort patient to exam room, take and document vital signs/measurements, confirm reason for visit, perform screening assessments.
- Set up and assist with health supervision, acute and chronic care visits, and diagnostic or therapeutic procedures.
- Carry out provider orders, including lab draws, scheduling follow-up and referral appointments, immunizations, EKGs, spirometry, etc.
- Clean and restock exam rooms and procedure room on a specific schedule and PRN.
- Perform as language interpreter for clinical staff.
- Screen telephone calls for nursing triage and providers.
- WSCHS Job Description
- Medical Assistant
- Maintains clinic security by alerting appropriate personnel of safety, fire and other unsafe
- Performs other related work as required.