Sr Merchandise Innovation Strategist - Product Design & Development
JOIN US AS A SR MERCHANDISE INNOVATION STRATEGIST - IDEAS TEAM IN PRODUCT DESIGN & DEVELOPMENTApply high-level strategic thinking to design, experiment and activate innovative end-to-end customer experiences that are grounded in customer insights, business goals, and technological realities. Confidently lead teams through a systematic, iterative, and evidence-based approach to managing risk, using the appropriate depth and balance of intuition and analysis, for the maturity of a project.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Owns/ leads application of innovation and strategy methods to explore and (in)validate new merchandising experience strategies.
- Emphasis on conducting lean experiments with customers and stakeholders to reveal deep insights about user and business needs, technical constraints, and validate product market fit.
- Emphasis on evaluating commercial viability by assessing the competitive landscape, projecting the obtainable market size, and modeling different financial and operating scenarios using educated assumptions.
- Collaborate with researchers, designers, and strategists to define customer problems, identify the most critical jobs to be done, articulate value propositions, ideate creative solutions, and prioritize strategic possibilities.
- Evaluate the organization's ability to build, launch, and scale proof of concepts, while working with internal and external partners to fill feasibility gaps in technology or other required capabilities.
- Justify your recommendations to senior leadership with compelling stories of evidence collected from consumer research, lean experiments, market sizing, business modeling, and data analytics.
- BA degree required; advanced degree preferred or relevant equivalent to UX, business, data, or design
- 7+ years of relevant business experience
- Several examples of successfully launched, engaging customer experiences that demonstrate strategic, conceptual, and creative thinking
- Demonstrated ability to design and execute high velocity experiments considering the appropriate investment for the maturity of the concept
- Strong data and business analysis skills with the ability to solve complex problems
- Ability to think strategically about user needs, market dynamics, and business impact
- Known for attention to details, and the ability to communicate effectively and influence senior leaders throughout the organization
- Demonstrated ability to lead the design of large and complex systems of interactions
- An expert understanding of current digital technologies and their application to user experiences
- An expert in creating quality deliverables using tools like Adobe Creative Suite, Invision, Principal, Keynote, Powerpoint, Excel, or other data visualization tools.
- Prefer deep expertise in the following areas: creative & innovative problem solving, design thinking, lean principles, digital prototyping, UX research, business model innovation