Banking Investigations Specialist
Doherty Top Talent is partnering with a large financial institution in the Twin Cities in search of an Banking Anti-Money Laundering/Bank Secrecy Act Preliminary Investigations Specialist for their downtown Minneapolis location! This opportunity offers Monday-Friday regular business hours and pays $17-$20/hour based on experience.
Responsible for fulfilling the Anti-Money-Laundering/Bank Secrecy Act requirements through identification and investigation of suspicious activity on behalf of U.S. Bank.
Specialist generally responsible for the preliminary investigation of system generated alerts associated with customer account transactions. Evaluates and analyzes the information uncovered during the preliminary investigation make a recommendation whether the alert warrants a full investigation. Assist with the workflow and case management process.
- Analyze customer account transactions to detect unusual activity and make decisions on appropriate action to take. Create a clear and concise comment that supports no case decision.
- Work cooperatively with business line to establish procedures for identifying suspicious customer transactions, specific to money laundering, including the proper method for reporting such activity to the anti-money-laundering group.
- Provide guidance, support, and recommendations to business lines regarding customer AML risk ratings and account activity.
- Based on the outcome of the preliminary investigation, analyze and determine whether or not they alert warrants a further review that may result in a Suspicious Activity Report (SARs) filing.
- Work cooperatively with U.S. Bank internal departments to obtain and analyze necessary information related to the investigation.
- Assist with departmental tracking and reporting and prepare investigation reports for management.
- Assist in implementation of AML/BSA detection and prevention methods, such as training and instruction manuals.
- Support any special projects or critical casework.
- Actively ensures compliance with the U.S. Bank Code of Ethics and all Anti-Money Laundering, Bank Secrecy Act, information security and suspicious activity reporting requirements, policies and procedures.
- Actively participates in any required corporate and business line training in these areas. Follows account opening procedures and understands and follows internal suspicious activity referral requirements and processes, as required for this position.
- 1 - 3 year’s investigations experience, preferably in security, fraud, or anti-money-laundering
Preferred Skills / Experience:
- Prior bank experience
- Knowledge of Bank Secrecy Act/Anti Money Laundering laws and regulations
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Access, Word and/or experience in using other database applications
Apply for Banking Investigations Specialist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly