Inserter Operator - 2nd Shift
7 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Summary: This position is responsible for accurately inserting, folding, metering quality checking, and sorting customer mail per written instructions. Essential Position Responsibilities:
- Understand and perform all aspects of inserting process including material movement, set-up, post processing and U.S.P.S. defined requirements.
- Set up materials according to machinery specifications and process documents accurately per job instruction sheets.
- Ability to follow defined processes and procedures.
- Setup and run off-line meters.
- Understand how to perform quality processes and take appropriate corrective actions.
- Route materials to a final destination and complete post-processing paperwork.
- Troubleshoot minor machine malfunctions and perform light machine maintenance.
- MUST pass a government background check
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of one year experience in mailing operations to include running Pitney Bowes inserters
- Ability to lift, push, and/or pull objects up to 50 pounds routinely; the ability to work with heavy machinery.
- Knowledge of base inserters, folders, cutters and sheet feeders
- Detail orientated.
- Good organizational and mathematical skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Report to work promptly when scheduled
- Be able to work under supervision and accept feedback
- Relate effectively and work respectfully with diverse work groups
- Ability to consistently perform well during times of increased work load
- Set and meet deadlines
- Manage multiple job functions simultaneously
- Keep Supervisor / Lead aware of any irregularities that may negatively affect commitments to our clients.
- Support, promote & participate in 5S / Continuous Improvement efforts.