Mortage/Title Closer- St. Paul area, MN - Direct Hire
Staffing Partners' great client is looking for an experienced Closer around St. Paul, MN. This is a direct hire position paying $35K to $45K plus commission and benefits.
- Extensive administrative and member service work with primary responsibilities for the timely and accurate processing, validating and closing of a loan file.
- Reviews residential loan application file to verify that application data is complete and meets establishment standards.
- Understands mortgage real estate lending practices, including federal regulatory requirements, state regulations, and agency requirements
- Understands conventional and government mortgage loan programs and knowledge of the necessary documentation for processing and obtaining underwriting approval.
- Reviews Automated Underwriting system conditions
- Reviews the appraisal of the property, the title report and flood certification.
- Reviews DU verification messages/approval conditions.
- Enters information into loan origination system
- Provides an overview of the loan process to the member and informs member of information necessary to process the loan.
- Conducts follow up on outstanding documentation to ensure receipt within turn-around time standards.
- Reviews and analyze all documentation received and determine acceptability.
- Reviews appraisals to ensure that the required level of appraisal fieldwork has been completed, that they are professional quality and are prepared in a way that is consistent with Fannie Mae requirements.
- Reviews title prior to drafting documents to ensure all conditions have been cleared and easements are within the general investor guidelines.
- Reviews flood certification.
- Submits for Mortgage Insurance Certificate if applicable.
- Completes a final evaluation and analysis of the completed loan file and submit for underwriting approval.
- Makes sure the loan is locked prior to closing.
- Requests insurance binder.
- Sends closed loan, Jumbo, VA, and FHA files to Investor for purchase per their instructions and requirements.
- Schedules closing with outside closing agents and approve settlement statement.
- Ensures regulatory requirements are met in processing the approved, cancelled and rejected loan application.
- Works with staff and co-workers as a team in analyzing and solving situations that may arise in the mortgage origination loan process.
- Knowledge of recent compliance regulations preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and proven effectiveness in working with loan originators and loan applicants.
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to resolve questions and problems with the supervisor and also to manage personal work flow and meet deadlines.
- Ability and willingness to work overtime hours as requested.
Interested applicants are encourage to apply utilizing the Star Tribune online system (highly preferred) or if that cannot be accomplished, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Attn: JHGMLC