Dispatcher and Route Drivers
Company Profile: Simple Recycling
Clothing, shoes and other textiles are 100% recyclable, but 85% still ends up in landfills. Simple Recycling makes is SIMPLE to recycle these materials through our innovative, free curbside municipal curbside recycling programs.
Dispatch Supervisor / Lead Driver
The following outline of a job description is to serve as a guide for the expected job performance of the Clothing & Home Goods Collection Dispatch Supervisor.
- To locate, hire and train all professional route drivers in accordance with driver training procedures set forth by management.
- Work directly with the Program Office Staff in order to:
- Organize and dispatch daily routes.
- Assist with mistaken collection or driver/donor problems.
- Assist in arranging collection of difficult or special pickups.
- Monitor daily/weekly solicitation projections in order to determine drivers needed.
- Implement and manage a fleet maintenance program that will minimize down time through the use of:
- In-house service maintenance schedule prescribed by management.
- Daily driver and weekly management vehicle inspections.
- Establish relationships with reputable local repair centers in order to provide the most cost efficient vehicle reports.
- Bale & Product Trailers – responsible for:
- Ensuring safe and timely loading of all trailers.
- Arrange shipment with common carrier.
- Track the shipment, payment of all bale trailers.
- Responsible for the loading and shipment of other soft good items, i.e. shoes, belts, books, stuffed animals, etc.
- Establish daily communication with all individual route drivers in order to:
- Review daily/weekly collection/driver summary reports and take corrective action as needed.
- Determine if all drivers are performing their duties in accordance with collection percentages set forth by management.
- Assist with any problems concerning lock downs or any incident reports involving property damage, personal injury and vehicle accidents.
- Enforcement of all rules, regulations, health and safety policies.
- Answer any questions, provide encouragement and helpful solutions to collection challenges.
- Complete all drivers daily reports and summaries established by management.
- Enact any disciplinary measures deemed necessary. i.e.:
- Driver write up.
- Verbal reprimand
- Maintain daily contact with City Manager in order to:
- Schedule disbursement of route trucks daily.
- Movement of storage/production to stores.
- Arrange for bale/storage pickup from store to warehouse.
- Disbursement of supplies to the store.
- Responsible for the condition of the warehouse storage, bales and supplies.
- Must be kept neat and orderly at all times.
- Direct supervision of all warehouse personnel.
- Registration and securing license plates for all collection service vehicles.
- Random drug testing of all drivers.
- Managing the hours and payroll of all drivers and warehouse personnel within guidelines established by management.
- Ensure that all area maps are up to date.
- GPS scheduled drivers’ routes on a regular basis.
- Driver collection routes when necessary.
- Effective communication skills.
- Time and Mulit-task managment
- Administrative skills.
- Able to enforce procedures.
- Able to work irregular hours.
- Able to display leadership and train others.
- Results oriented.
- Basic computer skills.
- Logistics: 1 year
- Driving: 1 year
- Management: 1 year
The following outline of a job description is to serve as a guide for the expected job performance of the Clothing & Home Goods Collection Route Driver.
- No prior experience or CDL required. (Driving Ford Transit Vans)
- Management and growth opportunity available.
- Valid drivers license, cell phone and clean driving record required.
- Consistent Schedule: Monday -- Thursday/Friday. Regular hours between 7am and 5pm.
For more information and to schedule an interview, please contact Jason at 216.225.8812