Director Design Engineering - Network Engineering & Automation
Network Engineering & Automation
Global Supply Chain & Logistics
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers. We are on a journey to transform our internal supply chain, an expansive network of distribution and fulfillment centers, into a world-class, high speed, maximum throughput, omni-channel replenishment and delivery system. Where ever and whenever our Guests choose to shop Target, we are committed to ensuring that our products will always be available in stores or delivered on time, every time.
In this role, based out of our Sunnyvale, California office in the world center of innovation in Silicon Valley, you will the lead the design, planning and development of supply chain facility and process flow projects at the right unit of measure (pallet, case, unit) that will result in an enhanced Guest experience by increasing the speed and accuracy of processing goods through the internal supply chain. You should thrive on the challenge of identifying innovative new supply chain solutions, leveraging data to scope and baseline opportunities, identifying root causes, and creating metrics to assess recommended solutions. You will assess and recommend existing supply chain flows and invent and prototype new flows using a First Principles Reasoning approach.
At Target, partnership is key. You'll build personal connections and seek buy-in across all levels of the organization. You'll also make an impact as a strong leader who will build this new team, while teaching, coaching and mentoring others on the fundamentals of effective supply chain automation solutions. This role reports to the Vice President of Supply Chain Network Engineering and Automation.
- 4-year undergraduate college degree in Engineering (Preferred: Industrial & Systems, Operations Engineering); Master's degree is a strong plus
- 10+ years of experience in in material flow engineering, inventory & production control
- 10+ years of experience in facility layout, design and evaluation
- 7+ years of experience in leading, training, coaching & mentoring individuals (and teams)
- 7+ years of experience in manufacturing or supply chain operations (distribution/fulfillment)
- Expert problem solver with an ability to structure complex & ambiguous projects into meaningful components and create a plan to solve them
- Proven project/program management of complex and/ or large scale facility and process implementations
- Proven ability in data-driven, analytical approaches to problem solving
- Excellent ability to communicate with all levels of leadership, technical and operating personnel combined with effective interpersonal skills to promote a unified vision
- Experience with advanced material flow tools including discrete-event simulation, PFEP diagrams, and mathematical flow models
- Ability to review and edit engineering layouts and drawings using AutoCAD and/or solid modeling software; visualization/animation experience a plus
- Experience developing/ using material flow procedures & diagrams, identifying and eliminating bottlenecks, creating operational flow processes based on theory of constraints, Little's Law, etc.
- Experience developing improvement initiatives, creating roll-out strategies, & deploying them across an enterprise scale organization
- Ability to travel 40% globally to interact with internal and external business and technical leaders.
To learn more about this amazing opportunity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.