Director, Internal Audit
1 day left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
This position directs and coordinates the internal audit activity of the Metropolitan Airports Commission to ensure the effectiveness of accounting and managerial controls, accuracy of recorded data and compliance with applicable laws and organizational policies and procedures. The incumbent of this position oversees financial and compliance audits of concessions, tenants, contractors, and vendors in accordance with applicable professional requirements. This position will also provide input and support to management in evaluating past results and developing and structuring new financial and oversight processes.
- Develop and update annual MAC Risk Assessment to document organization financial risks and controls for use in audit planning
- Analyze organization financial controls and material financial components to develop recommendations for an annual audit plan to present to the Finance and Administration Committee for their approval.
- Provide data, analysis and recommendations to assist the Commission in their decision-making processes
- Provide advice and support to senior management in the remediation of identified control weaknesses and process improvement initiatives.
- Provide project support for key business initiatives to ensure that a proper control environment is established and maintained
- Develop and implement goals, objectives and priorities for the internal audit program; identify resource needs; implement audit department policies and procedures.
- Plan, direct, coordinate and review the work plan for the organization's internal audit program; assign work activities; monitor work flow; meet with staff to identify and resolve problems; review and evaluate work products, methods and procedures.
- Manage the development and administration of the audit department budget; determine funding needed for staffing, training, equipment, materials and supplies; monitor and approve expenditures; recommend adjustments as necessary.
- Oversee the planning, design, development, implementation and operation of computer based auditing systems.
- Coordinate audit activities and implementation of audit recommendations with organization staff and external business entities.
- Review established and proposed control systems to ensure compliance with best practices, management policies, procedures, laws, and regulations.
- Ensure that Commission approved audit recommendations are properly implemented.
- Provide added value to the organization through audit recommendations that help to ensure proper revenue collections, enhance financial controls and contribute to cost saving measures.
- Oversee the MAC Anonymous Reporting Line to ensure that reports of fraud or inappropriate activity are properly investigated and resolved.
- Manage the Internal Audit Department quality assurance process, oversee the annual quality self-assessment and coordinate the periodic quality assurance independent validation process.
- Coordinate internal audit planning activities with independent outside auditors.
- Maintain required professional credentials through attendance at professional conferences and training activities.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of applicable professional audit standards and government accounting standards.
- Work with management throughout the organization to help ensure compliance with applicable laws and organization policies and procedures.
- Participate in the selection of the Commission's independent auditing firm