Customer Service Rep - FT (Clerical Account Management Policyholder WC)
SFM -- The Work Comp Experts. We’re more than just insurance!
…Ideas... …Innovation... …Imagination…
Since 1983, SFM’s mission has been to be the workers’ compensation partner of choice for agents, employers, and their workers. While we’ve expanded to over 14,000 customers in the Midwest, and have grown our offerings to include vocational rehab, safe patient handling, loss prevention, medical services (and more!), our focus continues to be unrivaled customer service, injury prevention, and follow-through.
As a Policyholder Services Rep, you’ll provide high quality customer service and administrative support for the SFM Risk Solutions, Assigned Risk Plan (ARP) team. Policyholder Services Reps frequently interact with MN business policyholders as well as independent insurance agents for the acceptance or rejection of coverage, policy/endorsement processing, pricing, document generation, policy renewal, and data entry management. Policyholder Service Reps are depended on for promptly troubleshooting to resolve complaints, questions, or problems - not always welcomed by the most agreeable audiences. Quick, informed decision making is key.
- Provide high quality customer service to prospective, new and existing ARP policyholders and agents by professionally receiving, and appropriately responding to inquiries related to information requests, technical questions, certificate of insurance processing, & so on.
- Correspond with agent representatives and policyholders regarding the acceptance or rejection of coverage, endorsements, rating, pricing, and/or to obtain additional information.
- Process and examine daily insurance applications identifying missing information, determining appropriate next steps, and accurately entering information into the database.
- Provide first-class service to all customers and comply with SFM’s service standards.
- Respond promptly in order to resolve complaints, questions, or other sensitive matters.
--We’re looking for--
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Certificate of completion from a business or technical college, preferred.
- Two years of customer service experience in an insurance and/or agency environment, preferably workers’ compensation or casualty insurance.
- Attention to detail and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- High-energy, customer orientated, with ability to proficiently multitask and prioritize.
- Problem-solver able to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Proficient computer skills (preferably Word, Excel and Outlook) and data entry skills with a high degree of accuracy (50+ WPM, preferred).
- Solid business writing, grammar, and punctuation skills.
- Maintain a working understanding of state applicable workers’ compensation rules and regulations.
- Must be process focused with ability to offer ideas for improvement.
- Strong communication skills including an ability to work on a team and listen and speak clearly and concisely to customers whom have a wide range of insurance comprehension.
--We’re a family--
SFM was named a MN Top Workplace in 2015 and it’s not just because we offer a competitive salary and comprehensive insurance plans. We want our employees to feel proud, at home, and appreciated! Here are some ways we show it:
- Shortened work weeks for added Work-life Balance.
- Relaxed environment where you can BE YOURSELF.
- Profit sharing.
- Traditional & Roth retirement plans with Employer Match.
- Charitable giving with Employer Match.
- Paid day to volunteer in the community.
- SFM Foundation…scholarship program.
- Career mentor & development programs.
- Wellness & safety programs.
- FREE employee assistance plan (EAP).
- FREE onsite fitness center.
- Onsite café & sick, new mother, & child care rooms.
- Paid holidays & leaves.
- College savings plan, adoption assistance, & savings bonds.
- FREE short & long-term disability & life insurance.
- Pre-paid legal & identity theft protection.
- Auto & homeowner’s insurance discounts.
- MERSC, Verizon, & gym membership discounts.
- Voluntary critical illness, cancer, & accident insurances.
- FREE parking.
- And MORE!
- CLICK the link to APPLY NOW! -&- Find out why SFM employees have stuck around for 30+ years!
NOTE: Please apply directly on our website. Emailed resumes will not be accepted.
If you feel any of your responses to the online profile or application will reveal your protected classification(s), do not provide that information. Do not provide high school dates of attendance or graduation. The online application and profile allow you to upload a resume/cover letter instead of manually entering all of your information.
If you need assistance during the application or interview process due to a disability, please contact Human Resources at (952) 838-2083 so accommodations may be discussed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SFM Mutual Insurance Company and each of its parent companies, subsidiaries and/or affiliated companies are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital, familial, or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected classification.
--SFM Companies, EEO/AA Employers--