Controller- St. Cloud, MN
Doherty Career Solutions has teamed with a small but rapidly growing company in St. Cloud to hire a Controller. The Controller will manage one Staff accountant, and be the main financial function within the company. An ideal candidate is an up and coming Controller who can grow in function as the company grows.
Direct Hire Opportunity
- Planning, directing, coordinating and supervising all aspects of the Accounting Department.
- Create, implement, and monitor a system of financial controls, and manages company cash, credit accounts, cash flow, and budgets.
- Oversight of daily reconciliation of sales across all channels and transaction entry in the accounting system.
- Oversees and reconciles financial statements and investigates irregularities/inconsistencies with financial accounts.
- Reviews, investigates, and corrects errors in financial entries, documents, and reports.
- Prepares and compiles regular internal and external financial and management reports.
- Structures and audits the company ledger to answer key accounting questions regarding profitability and efficiency.
- Establishes and oversees the procedures and policies on physical inventory count.
- Oversight of monthly sales and use tax filings for all locations.
- Compiles amounts owed to vendors, suppliers, organizations, and individuals and arranges timely payments of money owed.
- Communicates with Purchasing, Receiving, and Vendors to ensure accuracy of order reconciliation and inventory counts.
- Liaison and primary contact for external accountant, banks, lenders, and other financial entities.
- Works with the President to develop budgets for departments in the organization.
- Monitors the organization’s compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and company procedures.
- Regularly monitors email for critical business information and responds in a timely fashion.
- Ensures all financial data is properly calculated and reported in a timely manner.
- Presents, analyzes, and synthesizes complex numerical data effectively and accurately. Collects and researches data to design work flows and procedures.
- Handle select HR administration duties, such as processing biweekly payroll and overseeing compliance for company 401(k) plan.
- 7+ years of Accounting experience with 2+ years as Accounting Manager/Controller
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance; CPA preferred
- Advanced experience in Excel required; Quickbooks a plus