Development Services Group, Inc. (DSG) is seeking a full time project assistant to support its Training and Technical Assistance (T&TA) Division. Specifically, the project assistant will help support DSG’s initiatives including the Youth Violence Prevention (YVP) Coordinated Training and Technical Assistance contract from the U.S Department of Justice, Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (OJJDP). The candidate will provide a wide range of administrative services to DSG’s team of national experts in youth violence prevention, and coordinate T&TA for the 45 grantee sites of OJJDP’s four signature initiatives: the National Forum on Preventing Youth Violence; Community-Based Violence Prevention; Defending Childhood Initiative; and Safe and Thriving Communities, and perform a range of other duties as directed.
The successful candidate must be highly organized, detail oriented, and able to support the day-to-day administrative function of this effort. We are seeking a friendly, outgoing, self-motivated person that can adapt to the needs of a dynamic, fast paced environment to support the Project Director and Deputy Project Director. The staff assistant is expected to anticipate and respond to a wide range of logistical and administrative duties related to the management of the grant.
Duties include the following:
- Taking detailed notes on conference calls with representatives of federal agencies and grantee sites
- Maintaining up to date databases and email contacts
- Managing a shared calendar, including scheduling of internal and external conference calls and webinars (via phone and email) including participants in different cities and time zones
- Assist in preparing monthly, semiannual, and annual reports
- Provide support in expense reporting
- Customize non-disclosure agreements and consulting agreements
- Participate in strategy development meetings for the initiative
- Coordinate or perform special projects as requested
Candidates should have a Bachelor’s degree and at least 1 year of previous administrative support experience. Candidates must have excellent written/oral communication skills, and be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Experience in Prezi or other presentation platforms is encouraged but not necessary. Onsite candidates are preferred but not necessary; remote candidates must be available to facilitate all calls related to this initiative from their location.
To apply for this position, please email your résumé and a recent relevant writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “YVP Staff Assistant”. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.