JOB TITLE: Surgery Coordinator – Benefit eligible position
DAYS: Monday-Friday (Negotiable)
LOCATION: Minneapolis location
Ear, Nose & Throat SpecialtyCare of MN is a privately owned practice. We are seeking a reliable, energetic, responsible and professional individual to join our Minneapolis Surgery Coordinator team.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Assist physician in coordinating patient care. Responsible for coordination and scheduling of surgical procedures which includes providing patient education and pre-surgical instructions. Work with insurance companies to ensure that requirements are met on behalf of the clinic/rendering provider. Organize and maintain physician surgery schedule. Professionally represent ENTSC to our patients/families while maintaining patient confidentiality in a courteous and respectful manner.
- Coordinate and schedule surgeries, and follow up appointments designated by physicians.
- Interact with patients, physicians and outside facility staff providing detailed and accurate information.
- Schedule surgery and clinic appointment encounters using EMR system.
- Coordinate and accurately document scheduling processes as required to meet each facilities requirements.
- Respond to incoming and initiate outgoing procedure related calls to patients/families.
- Review and understand patient chart with regard to vitals, current problem list, medical history, demographic and insurance information.
- Identify and fulfill insurance company requirements based on plan type and procedure.
- Confidently recognize, prioritize, respond and follow through appropriately on routine, urgent and emergent tasks.
- Efficiently prepare and maintain physician schedule within EMR and outside scheduling applications.
- Maintain patient confidentiality.
- Follow all protocols of department and clinic.
QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Basic typing skills, knowledge of PC functionality and Microsoft office applications.
- Ability to understand and efficiently use EMR.
- Experience with multi line phones.
- Surgery scheduling experience or medical background preferred.
- Competent knowledge of medical terminology; ICD/CPT.
- Knowledge of surgical procedures desirable.
- Customer service oriented attitude/behavior as well as a pleasant, poised demeanor and excellent phone etiquette.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively both oral and written.
- Works independently.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Sound judgment and problem-solving ability with ability to exercise judgement and make decisions.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in time management skills, prioritizing responsibilities and able to meet deadlines.
- Capable of performing duties under position related stress including occasionally difficult situations and individuals.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with management and peers.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, talk and occasional light lifting (10 lbs.) during eight hour period.
Interested individuals should send letter of introduction, salary requirements and current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or confidential fax to 612-813-3886.