Part Time Accounts Payable (30 hrs per week)
Part Time Accounts Payable- Minneapolis, MN
Doherty Career Solutions has teamed with a non-profit to hire an Accounts Payable Specialist. The Accounts Payable Specialist performs basic clerical accounts payable invoice processing duties as well as a number of administrative support functions under the direction and supervision of the Accounting Manager.
*30 hours per week while Temporary
Could increase to 40 hours with Temp-Perm option
- Matching any required paperwork or documentation to invoices and entering invoices into the computer.
- Reconcile processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Charge expenses to appropriate accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports and recording entries.
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying federal ID numbers; scheduling and preparing checks; ensuring credit is received when applicable; and issuing stop-payments when needed.
- Match invoices to checks, obtain signatures on checks, and distribute checks accordingly.
- Pay employees by receiving and verifying expense reports; preparing checks.
- Maintain accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions. Enter new vendors or update current vendors as needed.
- Respond to vendor inquiries and resolving any invoice or payment discrepancies, including appropriate documentation.
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately in accordance with organization policy and accepted accounting practices.
- Maintains job knowledge of position and duties by periodically participating in training opportunities.
- 3+ years of Accounts Payable experience
- Associate Degree in Accounting or equivalent work experience demonstrating strong math and accounting aptitude.
Apply for Part Time Accounts Payable (30 hrs per week)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly