Part Time Accounts Payable (30 hrs per week)
Part Time Accounts Payable- Minneapolis, MN
Doherty Career Solutions has teamed with a non-profit to hire an Accounts Payable Specialist. The Accounts Payable Specialist performs basic clerical accounts payable invoice processing duties as well as a number of administrative support functions under the direction and supervision of the Accounting Manager.
*30 hours per week while Temporary
Could increase to 40 hours with Temp-Perm option
- Matching any required paperwork or documentation to invoices and entering invoices into the computer.
- Reconcile processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Charge expenses to appropriate accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports and recording entries.
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying federal ID numbers; scheduling and preparing checks; ensuring credit is received when applicable; and issuing stop-payments when needed.
- Match invoices to checks, obtain signatures on checks, and distribute checks accordingly.
- Pay employees by receiving and verifying expense reports; preparing checks.
- Maintain accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions. Enter new vendors or update current vendors as needed.
- Respond to vendor inquiries and resolving any invoice or payment discrepancies, including appropriate documentation.
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately in accordance with organization policy and accepted accounting practices.
- Maintains job knowledge of position and duties by periodically participating in training opportunities.
- 3+ years of Accounts Payable experience
- Associate Degree in Accounting or equivalent work experience demonstrating strong math and accounting aptitude.