Develop and execute strategies that achieve annual Business Unit sales and profit goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES:
The duties and responsibilities listed below serve as a general outline. Other duties may be assigned or required to support the success of Gopher Sport.
Grow sales and profits by creating and executing unique, differentiated marketing and merchandising plans. (Metrics: net sales and profits)
1. 1 Achieve Moving Minds business unit sales goals (Metric: BU revenue)
a. Direct Marketing
i. Create catalog circulation plans that profitably increase new customer acquisition and retention.
ii. Create and execute effective, profitable non-catalog promotional mailings that support the brand and drive revenue.
iii. Execute all facets of the circulation plan with the chosen printer and list providers. Ensure all mailings are produced, printed and mailed on time and on budget.
iv. Measure and report on the effectiveness of all circulation pieces. Identify opportunities and adjust plans as needed to hit revenue goals while adhering to the BU budget.
b. Digital Marketing
i. Assist in the creation of, and ensure the execution of, the BU e-commerce plan
ii. Create strategies with the E-Commerce team that improve the customer’s overall online shopping experience. Test, measure, adjust.
iii. Create, oversee execution of and measure online advertising strategies that profitably drive buyers to site.
c. Relationship Marketing
i. Create, expand and/or manage customer and industry partnerships and relationships
2. Achieve Moving Minds New Product Sales Goals (Metric: NP Sales)
a. Create unique, innovative, and profitable merchandise and category plans. Study the performance of the catalog, the categories, the suppliers, the market and the competition so that the plans are innovative, complete and will achieve the desired outcomes.
b. Select all the product for the catalog, maximizing profits, shop-ability and offer excellence within available space.
c. Increase the portfolio of proprietary and exclusive products with the Product Development team. Create product innovations and new product ideas that pass internal financial hurdles for Product Development to execute.
d. Ensure successful completion of merchandise and category plans with Prod Dev, Merchandising and the vendors.
e. Create distinct catalog layout and design strategies that reinforce business unit position and balance the needs and desires of our various customer segments. Organize and paginate the catalog. Ensure successful completion of the strategies with the Creative, Photography, and Copy teams.
f. Proof and ensure correct execution of all printed material
3. Achieve Moving Minds Business Unit profitability goals (Metric: Income before disc. & Non-Op, Gross Margin).
a. Develop and execute yearly pricing strategy that meets or exceeds business unit margin goals
b. Develop profitability plans to improve category/product profitability without sacrificing quality or service
c. Initiate, monitor, and be take ownership for all BU discounts and price adjustments
d. Proactively manage returns and take action on products with higher than acceptable return rates
e. Proactively monitor freight rates for the business unit, ensuring we are charging and collecting per plan
f. Develop, improve and manage the business unit annual budget.
ORGANIZATIONAL PERFORMANCE COMPETENCIES:
1. Leadership Skills – Support and advocate company core values, set clear performance expectations , providing coaching and constructive feedback and recognition, and conduct timely performance reviews to ensure effective performance (if applicable)
2. Communication and Influence – Ability to effectively communicate relevant information. Ability to create a climate of openness where feedback and ideas are shared and concerns are managed appropriately.
3. Promotes healthy Financial Growth - Demonstrate fiscal responsibilities aligning with established business plan. Uses resources efficiently. Monitors progress using key financial metrics and revises plans accordingly.
4. Team Member Development – Ability to lead, motivate and develop others in a team environment. Guide two-way discussions to set performance expectations to assure accountability for agreed-upon results.
5. Decision Making – Ability to make timely decisions in the best interest of the customer and the company. Collect and use facts to support decisions. Involve key individuals and consider alternative points of view.
6. Planning and Execution - Demonstrated ability to set high standards and execute effective work plans and strategies to respond to ongoing business needs. Delegate as appropriate. Monitor progress using key statistical and operational metrics.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
1. Bachelor’s Degree. MBA preferred.
2. 4+ years demonstrated success in a direct marketing or product management leadership role.
3. Experience within the Strength, Fitness, or Wellness industry preferred.
4. A lifestyle or educational background that is aligned with the company’s vision: “To increase the happiness, confidence and self-esteem of young and old by helping them live more active and healthy lives”
5. Expert – level proficiency with Excel. Large ERP system experience helpful.
JOB SPECIFIC CHARATERISTICS:
1. Innovator who consistently finds new ways to meaningfully differentiate the business and products from the competition.
2. Curious and resourceful. Asks great questions and independently finds answers. Constantly wants to learn and understand more.
3. Profit –oriented. Demonstrated use and understanding of financial documents to guide decisions.
4. Strategist capable of successfully understanding market needs and designing plans to profitably meet those needs.
5. Rolls up sleeves and gets it done. Demonstrated ability to make things happen.
6. Energetic and enthusiastic about our products and markets served.
7. Excellent project management skills. Demonstrated ability to consistently deliver intended project results.
8. Demonstrated organizational skills to plan work schedule and manage multiple projects/plans/tasks simultaneously.
9. Positive leader with the ability to build teams and collaborative relationships internally and externally.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to kneel, crouch, crawl, bend, and ascend and descend stairs. The employee is frequently required to use hands and fingers to feel, handle, or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Vision requirements include close vision, depth perception, color vision and the ability to adjust focus. The functions of the job include continuous viewing of a computer monitor and repetitive motion activities on the keyboard.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job is performed in both an office environment and a distribution environment. The noise level in the office and distribution center is generally moderate. In the distribution center, the employee would generally be exposed to automated equipment with conveyors. Both the office and distribution center is climate controlled.
Notes: Management retains the discretion to add or change duties of the position at any time. The incumbent is required to be thoroughly familiar with the company’s Equal Employment Opportunity policy and Affirmative Action plan and to know and adhere to the company’s Harassment policies to prevent discriminatory action because of race, color, sex, age, handicap, religion, sexual orientation, or national origin.