To improve the user experience on Gopher Sport web properties by developing new website features and functionality, ensuring the websites always function as intended, and maintaining accurate data between backend website systems and other content systems. The eCommerce Developer is responsible for performing any and all development duties as directed by the eCommerce Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: The duties and responsibilities listed below serve as a general outline. Other duties may be assigned or required to support the success of Gopher Sport.
• Create and maintain a website test environment
• Replicate websites in test environment, routinely synchronizing with the production websites
• Create working feature/function POCs that can be iteratively refined prior to production implementation
• Create virtual features/functions using third-party multivariate testing tool
• Provide feature/function details to the production website developers for production implementation
• Develop improvements for non-eCommerce websites to maintain relevance in technology and design
• Develop new websites as needed
• Create and maintain scripts in a third-party monitoring system that routinely execute key website functions, such as add-to-cart, email signup, site search, place order, etc.
• Read daily reports to determine success or failure of functional testing
• Investigate errors, and report to website production developers as required
• Establish baseline measurements using Google Analytics and other Google sanctioned website measurement tools, for each brand website
• Analyze current page load timings and work with other members of the team to identify and plan areas for improvement
• Coordinate and implement strategic page speed improvements
• Maintain or improve targeted site speed for all brand websites
• Maintain backend website scripts necessary for daily data synchronization with PIM
• Create mechanism to generate front-end PDP sampling for content verification
• Maintain & improve scripts responsible for migrating bulk PIM content to backend website systems
• Partner with PIM administrator to constantly expand & improve product data flowing to the backend website systems
• Create website database queries for cross-referencing data, as needed
ORGANIZATIONAL PERFORMANCE COMPETENCIES:
1. Customer Commitment – Focus efforts on exceeding internal and external customer expectations and improving customer satisfaction. Respond quickly and take appropriate action to identify and exceed customer needs.
2. Teamwork & Collaboration – Dedication to building collaborative relationships throughout the organization. Seeks and supports ideas for improvement. Willingly share information about ideas and works cooperatively to resolve issues or concerns.
3. Commitment to Quality & Continuous Improvement - Seek to improve processes and quality, making recommendations as appropriate. Monitor own work. Seek and accept constructive feedback to ensure accuracy.
4. Integrity, Accountability, Dependability - Uphold company core values and support ethical and responsible behavior. Follow through on commitments. Is reliable and meet attendance standards.
5. Initiative - Exercise sound independent judgment within established limits of authority. Self-directed and requires minimal supervision
6. Planning & Organizing Work - Ability to optimize time and resources to achieve expected results. Effectively prioritize and organize work to fully contribute to team efforts.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
1. Bachelor’s degree in software development or related field
2. 1+ years hands on web development
3. 1+ years designing digital creative
4. Fluent in HTML, CSS, jQuery, PHP, SQL, HTML5
5. Knowledge of responsive coding a plus
6. Must have an solid understanding of the methodologies to create email, as well as hands-on experience
7. WordPress and ColdFusion experience a plus
8. Understanding of database structures
9. Able to contribute in a team environment yet work autonomously
10. Flexible and accepting of ever-changing needs
11. Multi-tasking and ability to prioritize
12. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
13. Careful attention to detail without sacrificing deadlines. The right candidate will be able to juggle several deadlines
14. Strong organizational skills are required
15. Mac & Windows savvy
JOB SPECIFIC CHARACTERISTICS:
1. Demonstrated ability to contribute in a team environment yet work autonomously
2. Demonstrated high degree of flexibility and accepting of ever-changing needs
3. Strong ability to multi-tasking and to prioritize
4. Excellent verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with vendors and team members
5. Careful attention to detail without sacrificing deadlines.
6. Demonstrated organizational skills to plan work schedule and manage multiple projects/plans/tasks simultaneously in order to meet or exceed project timelines
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to kneel, crouch, crawl, bend, and ascend and descend stairs. The employee is frequently required to use hands and fingers to feel, handle, or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Vision requirements include close vision, depth perception, color vision and the ability to adjust focus. The functions of the job include continuous viewing of a computer monitor and repetitive motion activities on the keyboard.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job is primarily performed in an office environment with occasional exposure to the distribution center. The noise level in the office and distribution center is generally moderate. In the distribution center, the team member would generally be exposed to automated equipment and conveyors. Both the office and distribution center is climate controlled.