Star Tribune is seeking an experienced Staff Accountant to manage the City Pages close cycle and to ensure revenue and expenses are accurately reported. This includes preparing month-end journal entries, performing incentive calculations, completing account reconciliations, assisting in general accounting analysis and forecasts and providing management reports/analysis as directed. In addition to supporting City Pages accounting, reporting and analysis, this position will support the Star Tribune corporate finance team with general accounting responsibilities.
- 3+ years related accounting experience.
- Proficiency with complex financial systems.
- Advance skills in Excel spreadsheets and financial modeling.
- Ability to solve complex issues and reconciliations with a high degree of efficiency and accuracy.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including ability to interact effectively with all levels throughout the organization.
- Detail oriented and works with a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to work in a collaboratively in a diverse, cross-functional, self-directed team.
- Strong planning, organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Commitment to keeping confidential information secure.
- Four year accounting degree required or equivalent experience.