ITS5 - RADS Business Intelligence Analyst and Team Lead
Minnesota State Colleges & Universities is seeking a Business Intelligence Analyst and Team Lead to join its Reporting and Data Services team which provides data warehousing, integration, and reporting services to the Minnesota State system office and all 31 colleges and universities of the Minnesota State system.
This position provides team leadership to the Reporting and Data Services team (RADS) in the system office – ITS division. The RADS team manages the Minnesota State system-wide Reporting and Data Services Platform (the RADS Platform) which provides data warehousing, data integration, operational reporting, system-wide dashboards, and business intelligence services. This position is responsible for project coordination and reporting, facilitation of governance and project prioritization with business partners, technical leadership on the RADS Platform, leadership on RADS team business requirements, work processes, and standards, as well as technical design and development of RADS Team work products, and overall quality of the team’s platform and work products.
Minnesota State is the largest provider of higher education in the state of Minnesota and the fifth largest system of higher education in the United States. The system serves 400,000 students annually through seven four-year universities and 24 two-year technical and community colleges.
- Five years’ experience designing and implementing data warehousing systems substantially similar to the RADS Platform in a senior analytical and development role, including:
- Demonstrable project coordination and leadership responsibilities,
- Demonstrable experience collecting business requirements and translating those requirements into technical specifications.
- Demonstrable experience developing, documenting, deploying, and supporting systems substantially similar to the RADS Platform.
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems or related area, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrable strong leadership and mentoring skills.
- Demonstrable strong communication and presentation skills (written and verbal).
- Demonstrable ability to develop effective working relationships with both technical staff and business partners.
- Project management training and/or certification.
- Experience working within higher education on reporting and business intelligence systems.
- Experience with Microsoft’s platform of reporting and business intelligence tools (SSRS, SSAS, PowerBI Desktop, Power BI cloud).
In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (Minnesota State) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to Minnesota State’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
Minnesota State offers an excellent work environment along with competitive compensation and benefits including tuition reimbursement. If you are interested, get all the details including salary information from our online job posting on the State of Minnesota’s Employment site at www.mn.gov/careers by searching for:
Job Family: Information Technology Careers
Department: MN State Colleges & Universities
Location: St. Paul
Job ID: 10629
Application deadline is January 23, 2017. No late applications will be considered. Please submit your resume and application online per the instructions in the individual job postings.
The Minnesota State System is an Equal Opportunity employer and educator.