Part Time Payroll Clerk
Part Time Payroll Clerk- St. Louis Park, MN
Doherty Career Solutions is teaming with our client to hire a Part Time Payroll Clerk. This person will process payroll, and potentially assist with other office duties.
12-15 hours per week (Monday and Tuesday)
- Accumulate and tabulate weekly time cards of billable employees. Verify mathematical accuracy of time cards. Review mileage and parking expenses for reasonableness, mathematical accuracy and required documentation. Work with operations personnel to verify all cards have been received and to resolve discrepancies.
- Enter time card data into job cost system. Reconcile data with time cards and input spreadsheets.
- Process weekly payroll. Prepare payroll checks for signature and mailing. Generate and verify all required payroll reports.
- Maintain employee personnel files and payroll records including current pay rate, payroll deductions, benefit forms and other documents as needed. Verify accuracy of personnel file records with accounting system data.
- Prepare and maintain child support, garnishment and employee loan records. Prepare account payable vouchers for required remittances.
- Process weekly payroll tax deposits for Federal and State Taxes.
- Participate in operations of company as part of the administrative team. Be proactive in identifying opportunities for improved operations in the organization. Provide constructive ideas and suggestions for improvements.
- Provide back up support for Office Manager on an as needed basis including phone and reception duties
- Other payroll and accounting duties as assigned.
- 2 years experience with Payroll preferred
- High School Diploma
- Experience with Accounting systems (Mas 90, Sage 100) or other payroll systems preferred
- Flexibility on schedule/hours is appreciated, and also available to candidates