Assistant Director of Prospect Management and Research
The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for an Assistant Director of Prospect Management and Research within Institutional Advancement.
Reporting to the Director of Prospect Management and Research, the Assistant Director of Prospect Management and Research is responsible for overseeing a comprehensive prospect management system and strategic portfolio review process. The prospect research aspects include conducting research on individuals, corporations and foundations, in order to support the work of relationship building, gift solicitation and stewardship for university advancement.
- Oversee and facilitate moves management, partnering with fundraisers in managing and building portfolios, prospect pipelines, and ensuring that prospect management policies and data are up-to-date. Serve as facilitator and trainer for Banner, Reeher and other required prospect management software.
- Serve as research partner with individual gift officers as assigned, by monitoring the prospect list for partner development officers and by helping to qualify and update information on the prospects. Provide management of constituent lists by partnering with development officers on rating and analysis of the prospect pool.
- Conduct detailed biographical research, including business and financial background and analysis on prospects, as they emerge in each stage of the development cycle of identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- Analyze wealth screening data, prioritize, for special fundraising projects as needed, and for proactive research in identifying and assigning new prospects for portfolio enhancement.
- Provide data, research and historical context to enhance the collaboration of development officers in creating strategic partnerships for the identification and cultivation of principal, major, annual and CFR prospects. Use information gathered to help build internal campaign pyramid projections.
- Employ data mining, forecasting and statistical analysis techniques to help identify, classify, understand and cultivate prospects capable of making philanthropic contributions to the University of St. Thomas.
- Provide research and data updates for a number of alumni and development projects and needs such as alumni awards, entrepreneurship awards and alumni events. Update Banner with research findings, including biographical, employment and academic information.
This is a full-time, benefits eligible position. The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes medical, dental, vision, life, long-term care, legal, and disability insurance coverages. Offerings also include retirement plans, flexible spending accounts, a health savings account, and an employee assistance program. The University provides tuition remission to its employees, spouses, and dependents. In addition, the University values a healthy work/life balance and has generous provisions for paid time off.Qualifications:
Minimum qualifications: Bachelor’s degree and three years of prospect management/prospect development or related experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills have been acquired may be substituted.
Preferred qualifications: Candidates with understanding of fund-raising processes, experience in higher education, and/or research experience.
Knowledge of: Data sampling and statistical analysis techniques; on-line databases including Reeher, Lexis/Nexis, Dun & Bradstreet, FC Search and other resources in order to conduct research; basic budgetary practices and terminology; computer applications related to the work to include Excel, Word, Access, and Outlook; business arithmetic; standard office practices and procedures, including filing and the operation of standard office equipment; record keeping principles and practices; correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation; techniques for dealing with the public, in person and over the telephone; basic accounting procedures and practices; project management and analytical techniques.
Skill in: Performing professional-level analytical and programmatic work in a variety of areas; locating pertinent information from diverse sources and familiarity with research techniques; maintaining accurate records and files; strong attention to detail; preparing clear and concise reports, correspondence and other written materials; organizing and prioritizing work and meeting stated deadlines; understanding and following oral and written directions; working without close supervision in standard work situations; contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities; establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work; excellent verbal and written communication skills; carrying assigned analytical project through, from data gathering to completion; using initiative and independent judgment within general policy guidelines; planning, directing and reviewing the work of others on a project or day-to-day basis; using tact, discretion and prudence in dealing with those contacted in the course of the work; ability to build rapport and establish relationships with staff at all levels; strong team and customer-service orientation; positive attitude; commitment to the mission of the University of St. Thomas.
Inspired by Catholic intellectual tradition, the University of St. Thomas educates students to be morally responsible leaders who think critically, act wisely, and work skillfully to advance the common good. The successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission statement.
In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with the University of St. Thomas requires successful completion of a background screening.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website. If you are viewing this posting from a site other than “Jobs at St. Thomas”, the University assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of information.
Special Instructions to Candidates:
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Applicants will be asked to upload a resume to their profile and copy/paste a cover letter into the application.