Standards Administrative Assistant
Midwest Reliability Organization - Greater Minneapolis-St. Paul Area
Job Standards, Registration and Certification Administrator – Full-Time
Our organization is seeking a positive, energetic, team member to work as an administrative professional to the Risk Assessment, Mitigation, and Standards department. This position provides executive and departmental support to the Standards staff as well as participates as a team member of the administrative staff. This position will also provide support to the Standards’ committee and its members. This position will:
- Maintain processes and procedures related to registration, certification, and regional standards development
- Provide administrative support to the chairs and vice chairs of the MRO Standards Committee and all its subgroups and record meeting minutes and manage lists of action items for the MRO Standards Committee, MRO-SAC, and their subgroups
- Act as the lead for administrative support related to technical outreach sponsored by the Risk Assessment and Mitigation department to include cyber and physical security workshops, technical conferences and webinars, conference calls and face-to-face meetings with our constituents and third parties such as the Department of Homeland Security, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and others
- Review correspondence, reports, presentations, or newsletter articles for grammar, spelling, formatting, and content
- Review the action item list weekly with the Standards, Registration and Certification Manager and bi-weekly with the VP of Risk Assessment, Mitigation, and Standards
Desired Skills & Experience
Five years’ experience in an administrative, professional, or corporate office. Regulatory experience is highly desired.
• A high school diploma is required with a two-year degree in administration or accounting
• Certification in secretarial, paralegal, or document management is desirable
Extensive knowledge of communication principles, practices and techniques; strong interpersonal skills; strong competency in Microsoft Office, including; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook; superior organizational skills; verbal and written communication skills with editing and proofreading skills; the ability to write/edit for a variety of audiences and draft materials on a wide range of topics; ability to translate complex technical language and ideas into language that is easily comprehensible; manage projects and be able to work accurately on multiple tasks while maintaining deadlines; and the ability to work independently and prioritize matters of extreme urgency and sensitivity.