Strategic Sourcing Lead
About This OpportunityStrategically grow and brand assets through leading-edge design, development, construction and preservation. Find innovative solutions to the challenges that arise in a large design/build company. Have a direct impact on real estate, design, construction, maintenance and support operations of stores, Distribution Centers or headquarters locations. In this position, you are responsible for working in partnership with indirect procurement teams and/or pyramids (“clients”) to negotiate the best value (blend of price and quality) for Target.Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals.
- Develop strong relationships with internal clients (e.g., Property Development, Transportation / Distribution, Marketing, Technology) in the sourcing of their indirect goods and services, supporting their goals and objectives.
- Lead the source-to-contract process (“S2C”); develop and implement sourcing strategies for key spend categories within the pyramids
- Develop advantaged fact base and achieve annual value improvements for each spend category and define budgetary impact
- Drive annual productivity improvements in each spend category
- Provide supplier performance management (“SRM”) oversight
- Drive capability building and sourcing best practices across Target
- Assist clients in the management and development of vendors
- 4-year college degree - Accounting, Business, Economics, or Finance
- 8-10 years of sourcing, procurement, buying, or project management experience
- Proven ability to influence indirectly to generate buy-in and drive tough decisions
- Excellent analytic and problem solving skills
- Exceptional critical thinking skills with a strategic perspective
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to develop lasting partnerships with clients