- Provide professional nursing care.
- Demonstrate dependability.
- Maintain a safe environment for clients.
- Communicate effectively with all members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Make the initial assessment visit and regularly re-evaluate the client's nursing needs.
- Initiate the plan of care and make necessary revisions.
- Provide those services requiring substantial and specialized nursing skills.
- Directly supervise client care staff.
- Maintain an accurate clinical record by preparing clinical and progress notes with follow through of timely record keeping.
- Supervise and teach professional and paraprofessional staff per ABBEYCARE, INC. guidelines and provide discipline and feedback appropriately.
- Maintain liaisons with attending physicians and referral sources.
- Initiate appropriate preventative and rehabilitative nursing procedures and techniques.
- Coordinates services with referrals to other community agencies as appropriate.
- Inform the physician, Director of Nursing and other personnel of changes in the client's condition and needs.
- Perform therapeutic procedures as prescribed by the physician.
- Work with families and other health care professionals in providing continuity of client care.
- Counsel the client and family in meeting nursing and related needs.
- Demonstrate knowledge of current health practices when performing observation and evaluation of client care.
- Assume responsibility for professional growth and development by active participation in continuing education, in-service programs, orientation and personal evaluation.
- Accept and fulfill assignments with ABBEYCARE, INC..
- Exercise judgments in accepting assignments.
- Participate in performance reviews for field staff.
- Participate in in-service program.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary.