Budget and Contract Specialist
Marshfield Clinic Research Foundation (MCRF) is the largest private medical research institute in Wisconsin. MCRF is the research division of Marshfield Clinic, an integrated multispecialty health care system with over 750 physicians and 50 regional centers. MCRF employs with 31 Ph.D. and M.D. scientists and 155 other staff. MCRF research centers include Center for Clinical Research, National Farm Medicine Center, Epidemiology Research Center, Center for Human Genetics, and Biomedical Informatics Research Center. Research at MCRF is funded by a variety of federal agencies and other sources, including CDC, NIH, NIOSH, FDA, and private industry.
The Budget and Contract Specialist is responsible for budgeting and contracting for fee-for-service industry and other (excluding federal and state) sponsored research activities. Duties may include, but are not limited to, working collaboratively with research project teams (Principal Investigators, Research Administrators/Managers and staff, hospital staff and other MC staff) to develop fee-for-service budgets and coordinating the time-sensitive review and execution of related research agreements.
Marshfield Clinic Health System is committed to enriching the lives of others through accessible, affordable compassionate healthcare. Successful applicants will listen, serve and put the needs of patients and customers first.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration or related field
- Five years of experience in accounting, budgeting and forecasting or financial analyst with three years of experience directly related to contracting (drafting, negotiation and contract revisions) required.
- Advanced level of experience using various software applications, such as spreadsheets and databases to assemble, manipulate and format data reports required
- Experience with accounting, budgeting and forecasting or financial analyst within clinical research preferred. Knowledge of current procedural terminology (CPT) and coding with experience using clinical trial management systems preferred
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified Clinical Research Professional Certification through Society of Clinical Research Associates (SoCRA) or similar certification in clinic research activities preferred
Full-time; Monday - Friday; 8:00 am - 5:00 pm. 40+ hours per week
Working at Marshfield Clinic, you will enjoy the following benefits:
- Low cost of living within clean, safe environments
- Stable communities and short commutes
- Outstanding schools and affordable housing
- Plenty of recreational activities for all four seasons
- Easy access to Chicago, Madison, Milwaukee or Minneapolis/St. Paul
- Comprehensive benefits package
Questions may be directed to: Angela Koehler, 715-858-4527, firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply online at https://www.marshfieldclinic.org/careers
Search by Reference number: MC161965
Apply directly through:
Marshfield Clinic, 1000 North Oak Avenue, Marshfield, WI 54449
Marshfield Clinic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.