Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," quickly inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed® is North America’s leading brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, gypsum and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed and its affiliates have more than 5,700 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. The group had total sales of approximately $3.3 billion in 2015. www.certainteed.com
The primary function of the Electronic Technician (ET) is to bridge the gap between the plants Industrial Electricians and Engineering staff by providing electrical/electronic troubleshooting support and the preventative/predictive maintenance of electrical & electronic equipment. This position is currently planned to be night shift 7pm-7am working 4 nights on 4 nights off rotations.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the troubleshooting & repair of PLC’s related to safety, automation, and control systems.
- Conduct troubleshooting and calibration of thermocouples, RTD’s, level sensing devices, thickness detectors, consistency transmitters, load cells and other high tech devices.
- Conduct preventive maintenance, testing and troubleshooting of VFD’s (Variable Frequency Drives)
- Provide support to the Engineering department on new installations of electronic control equipment.
- Assist the electrical department as needed in troubleshooting of plant equipment, machinery, utilities, and safety systems.
- Assist management in root-cause analysis on losses related to electrical/electronic failures.
- To closely work with the other Maintenance department crafts to support initiatives that improves equipment reliability.
- Report all EH&S incidents – Injuries, Near Misses, First Aid, Environmental and Property/Equipment Damage.
- Ensure adherence to waste management and recycling responsibilities.
- Participate in Incident & Near Miss Investigations to determine root cause and corrective actions.
- Participate in the development, understanding and review of related Job Safety Analysis and/or Standard Operating Procedures.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Minimum of 2 year degree in Electrical/Electronic discipline
- Prior experience in a continuous manufacturing environment
- Thorough knowledge of AC/DC drive systems, Power distribution systems including switch gear components, Servo Motor Equipment and programming, Ethernet Networking systems, HMI and PLC Programming / Troubleshooting, Electrical & Electronic systems integration, Electro-Mechanical design and troubleshooting
- Good working knowledge of mechanical equipment and systems operations.
- Familiarity with MS Office applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- May be required to perform other duties as requested