Accountant- Bemidji area
Doherty Career Solutions has teamed with a company near Bemidji to hire a contract Accountant. This person will support the accounting team doing A/P, payroll, financial reporting, and cost control.
*6-10 month contract
- Support accounting activities including accounts payable, payroll and financial reporting
- Support the timely and accurate reporting of financial, operational and statistical data.
- Support margin improvement efforts by actively working with supervisors/managers; evaluating cost objectives and providing analyses that helps identify opportunity areas and reporting on the results
- Develop and maintain reporting of financial and non-financial key performance indicators
- Assist Accounting Manager with preparation of forecasts, weekly P&L, production cost models, etc.
- Learn and develop a strong understanding of the various aspects of the company to provide insight into margin improvement (MIP) opportunities, capital plans, and project budgets
- Responsible for payables processing and executing automation initiatives to streamline and minimize clerical / paper processing of payables
- Responsible for assisting with month-end closing process and reporting, general ledger reconciliations, account analyses etc.
- Help to ensure that accounting is in compliance with company policies and internal controls
- Improve or identify controls where necessary and identify efficiency opportunities
- Work hands-on with management in improving and developing monthly reporting on financial and non-financial key performance indicators
- Assist in the completion of weekly and quarterly forecasts, and annual business plans
- Analyze forecast to actual variances, understand drivers and communicate / share information with management
- 2-5 years of Accounting experience (fresh grads will also be considered for the role)
- Accounting degree is preferred, or equivalent experience