Director Strategy, Enterprise Strategy Development (ESD)
3 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Leading the retail revolution as Target's champions of bold strategic thinking, best-in-class execution, and the most impactful innovation, the Enterprise Strategy team seeks to drive profitable enterprise growth by exploring new opportunities (e.g., markets, formats, channels, guest segments), driving strategic focus and accountability and transforming Target's business.Leading a team of business strategists, you will apply your strengths in thought leadership (e.g., fact-based and analytical problem-solving; critical and conceptual thinking), passion for innovation and strong leadership presence to shape Target's long-term strategic direction.As a Strategy Director, you will…
- Lead multiple project teams on strategy consulting-like engagements that identify and seek to harness enterprise or business unit growth opportunities.
- Understand retail trends, competitors, and consumers to develop new concepts and businesses that meet future needs in the fast-evolving multi-channel retail landscape, both domestically and abroad.
- Become a thought partner to senior executives, influencing decisions in line with business unit and enterprise strategy.
- Collaborate cross-functionally and effectively influence without authority to drive business decisions and advance long-term strategic efforts.
- Expand the team's knowledge base in one or more focus areas (e.g., functional, innovation, competitive intelligence).
- Be responsible for long-term development of Direct Reports.
- Coach and develop project team members consisting of ESD (Principals, Leads, and/ or Sr. Analysts) and other company resources.
- Act as core member of the Enterprise Strategy Development leadership team, prioritizing resources, setting overall team direction, and representing the team's professional and fun culture.
- Work closely with SVP, Enterprise Strategy and Sr. Director, Enterprise Strategy Development in plotting future strategic opportunity for company.
- 4-year college degree as well as post graduate degree (MBA preferred) with a minimum of five years of work experience after graduate school in strategic leadership roles. Equivalent of 10+ years of design experience with strong emphasis on design research, innovation, and experience prototyping in lieu of post graduate degree.
- Prior experience in engagement/ project leadership with a top management or innovation consulting firm (McKinsey, Bain, IDEO, Jump, etc.) or in a Fortune 100-level corporate strategy group
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple, disparate projects at the same time, simultaneously managing working team, partner, and senior executive relationships.
- Track record of building strong working relationships with executive leaders across functions and businesses
- 5+ years of people management experience required, including leading leaders of people
- Directly lead and/ or coach teams through a systematic approach to strategic problem solving such as disaggregation, design research, and/ or prototyping methodologies.
- Strong conceptual skills, including ability to translate consumer research and observations into actionable opportunities.
- Excellent listening and problem disaggregation skills.