Sr Designer | Store Planning
With general direction, assumes responsibility for design, approval, coordination and implementation for all projects assigned. Projects may include concepts, new stores, remodels, special assignments, quality assurance checks, and/or prototype updates.
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a Sr. Designer, you'll take the lead as you…
- Assume responsibility for design, approval, coordination and implementation for all projects assigned with general direction. Projects may include concepts, new stores, remodels, special assignments, quality assurance checks, and/or prototype updates
- Design, produce, and document Feasibility, Schematic, and Design Development documents for all projects. Coordinate plans/documents with Target India for in a timely manner. Manage assigned projects from conception through the construction implementation phases.
- Facilitate the development of project scope, schedule milestones and costs with Construction, Architecture, and other Target Properties team members
- Adhere to CAD and design standards
- Create and maintain accurate numerical data on all projects
- Coordinates, collaborates and maintains strong relationships with partners (architecture, engineering, procurement, operations, construction, merchandising, presentation, marketing and finance) to develop scopes, schedules and cost estimates.
- Strong understanding of and advocacy for Target Brand and Store Design Aesthetic. Strong ability to leverage trend information and inspiration to develop clear and compelling direction and designs.
- General understanding of the business (financial impacts).
- Create and present projects throughout the project lifecycle to project teams, leadership and/or enterprise partners. Comprehend the nuances of both what was said and how it was said; synthesizes complex information, communicating the appropriate amount of details.
- 4 Year accredited degree (interior design or architecture)
- 4-6 Years relevant experience (retail preferred)
- Excellent communication, presentation, organizational and project management skills
- Strong analytical skills in relation to programming, space allocation and planning.
- Manual drawing skills to develop preliminary solutions to design problems, individually or in a team environment.
- High proficiency in CAD or Microstation and Microsoft Office
- Ability to work well with others, while thinking strategically and conceptually.
- Self motivated and high level of accountability to coordinate multiple projects, develop and adhere to schedules, prioritize workload, work in a fast paced, challenging and continually evolving environment.