1 day left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Humera is seeking a Billing Specialist our client in Minneapolis. Our client is a recognized system of primary care clinics located throughout the twin cities. The candidate in this position will ensure patients receive the best healthcare experience possible. This is a long-term, contract opportunity!
- Receiving and sorting incoming payments with attention to credibility
- Managing the status of accounts and balances and identifying inconsistencies
- Issuing bills, receipts and invoices
- Check the validity of debit accounts
- Update accounts receivable database with new accounts or missed payments
- Ensure all clients remain informed on their outstanding debts and deadlines
- Provide solutions to any relative problems of clients
- Write thorough reports on billing activity with clear and reliable data
- Ensure all papers are properly filled out and input into system.
- Enter and verify that all patient demographics and billing information correctly entered/verified at time of check in.
- Process encounters daily for and balance to co-payments.
- Collect balances due at time of check in.
- Direct patients to relevant areas of building.
- Answer phones.
- Obtain signed statements.
- Record payments.
- Keep admission desk clean and organized.
- Perform insurance data entry.
- Contact nurses and doctors about surgeries and meetings.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; College Degree preferred
- 1-2 years of experience; Medical Office experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer proficiency
- 2p-10:30p, 3:30p-12a, and 11:30P-8A