Lead Process Engineer ICQA
The Lead Process Engineer will design, develop, and implement inventory control and quality assurance processes in support of Target's long-term supply chain strategy. This role will work in close alignment with the Operations Research team (ICQA) and core business teams (inclusive of HQ, DC field teams, Direct to Guest, and Direct to Store business process teams, etc.) to develop world class levels of evaluation, visibility, and predictability within process and systems flows to support Target's inventory health and integrity.
This role will invent, design, and build inventory control and quality assurance solutions designed to reduce defects throughout the value chain. Through their work, Process Engineers will build new standards and practices in regards to operational and systematic process within the ICQA function and work with the Process Engineering team and partners in deployment and utilization of these standards.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, invent, and deploy processes, disciplines, technology, and solutions across multiple business owners such as HQ, DC field teams, Direct to Guest, and Direct to Store business process teams, etc.
- Invent/design process and systems flows to build/implement standard operating procedures (SOPs) that eliminate or reduce defects and deliver superior inventory accuracy/integrity through the value chain.
- Leverage lean systems, tools, and techniques to engineer processes designed to refine, simplify, and drive efficiency in inventory touches driving down opportunity for defect and eliminating waste.
- Develop ICQA process requirements across the supply chain.
- Design check points throughout the value chain to evaluate, root cause, and correct inventory integrity/health and quality concerns across any/all processes and physical locations.
- Build audit program process/system to assess/monitor ICQA across the value chain.
- Utilize six sigma tools to drive continuous assessment and improvement within process and systems flows
- Analyze and interpret data to identify process/systems gaps and then addresses accordingly to build issues out of future process.
- Implement projects/initiatives across supply chain to drive innovation in process design/development.
- Experience in continuous improvement and/or process engineering principles (inclusive of Lean/Six Sigma methodologies) to create solutions for large scale operations with many interdependencies
- Experience in deep problem scoping/assessment through value stream mapping, project management, process development, and process engineering
- Six sigma certification (green belt)
- Demonstrated experience in problem solving through data and analytics and applying solutions across broad-scale operations
- Proven experience achieving results through project management
- Strong ability to think critically and creatively from problem scoping to solution development
- Experience in operations management for manufacturing or distribution facilities
- Bachelor's degree in industrial engineering, manufacturing engineering, statistics, or supply chain
- Advanced degree in engineering
- Inventory control/quality assurance experience
- Six sigma certification (black belt)
- Experience working in an Agile framework
Reports to the Director of Process Engineering, Inventory Control & Quality Assurance. Works within the process engineering team; direct working relationships with Operations Research, EDABI, Global Supply Chain, Merchandising, Operational Excellence, Stores, and TTS.