Lead Inventory Intel Analyst
3 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
PRIMARY FUNCTIONThe Inventory Production Control team is responsible for defining the future Inventory Planning and Control(IPC), systems: it decides what to buy, how much to buy of it, when to buy it, and where to position it when bought or sold in order to meet Target's business goals and meet our guests needs. The scope of this team is designing for millions of units, for hundreds of product lines worth billions of dollars of inventory. Our systems will be designed to automate large scale supply chain planning and optimization systems. The IPC team innovates, continuously improves processes that result in sophisticated, intelligent and self-learning models. IPC is unique in that we are simultaneously developing the science of supply chain planning at Target and responsible for studying, designing, and building systems to suit Target's needs.PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the leadership and development of the operations research capability within inventory control and quality assurance (ICQA). Leads team to invent and deploy data and statistical analysis, interpretation, reporting, and utilization across multiple business owners.
- Build strategy to deliver the IPC system needs.
- Responsible for designing and deploying data-science and technology based algorithmic solutions to support inventory planning and control.
- Builds root cause analysis reporting to provide specificity/detail in analytical output(s) to drive deep understanding of the problems/defects and action across core process teams and partners.
- Defines and interprets problems and provides solutions to business problems using data analysis, data mining, optimization tools, and machine learning techniques and statistics.
- Bachelor's degree in math, advanced statistics, business, operations research, and/or supply chain
- Expertise in inventory planning concepts - forecasting, planning, optimization, and logistics - gained through work experience
- A strong passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions with data
- Ability to communicate complex concepts in easy to understand terminology with multiple audiences
- Experience in utilization of predictive analytics to drive root cause analysis and build leading indicators to influence process engineering
- Demonstrated skills in interpreting data concepts/vision/needs to build drillable, detailed, probability based reporting to highlight complex problems and influence invention of process
- Proven experience achieving results by leading, partnering, and influencing others
- Experience designing and deploying algorithms in a production environment
- Demonstrated experience in strategic, cross-functional leadership, planning and execution
- Apply advanced statistics and data mining techniques to analyze and make insights from big data such as historical production data and simulation/experiment results
- Expertise in time series analysis, predictive modeling, A/B testing, controlled experiments
- Ability to develop system prototypes
- Experience utilizing problem solving and analytical skills
- Technical aptitude and familiarity with the design and use of complex logistics software systems
- Ability adjust priorities to the everchanging needs of the business to consistently deliver to our guests