Lead Supply Chain Analyst
4 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Primary FunctionThe primary function of this role is to support Target's supply chain transformation program by anticipating future business needs, identify opportunities for invention, innovation and improvement, and developing & executing strategies to improve efficiencies by optimizing performance and expense. Gathers and analyzes data to solve highly complex business problems, evaluating multiple operating models to predict and plan for future outcomes and support decision making. Provides thought leadership and peer coaching to lower level analysts, and uses data to influence peers and leaders, driving toward action and leading key partners toward the right business decisions. Data Analysis
- Deploy data-science and technology based algorithmic solutions to address business needs
- Recommend solutions to business problems based on analyzing large data models, data mining, leveraging optimization tools, machine learning techniques, and statistics
- Conduct analysis on strategic deployments required by the future operating model for supply chain such as omnichannel, local and last mile injection for Grocery and GM businesses and end to end replenishment strategies.
- Use historical trend data and future commitments to determine volumes and shifts to ensure necessary capacity requirements meet business needs.
- Develop quantitative business case
- Support and provide recommendations for projects and programs such as end to end supply chain initiatives and optimization
- Effectively lead projects/ programs using agile methodologies.
- Influence leaders by providing accurate data analysis, interpretation, with well-founded insights. Impact and influence key decisions throughout the project life cycle in conjunction with senior leaders.
- Manage relationships with internal partners to keep them informed on the Distribution perspective and impact related to supply chain initiatives.
- Identify roadblocks and communicate proactively to key stakeholders alerting them of potential delays.
- Lead peers in the development of process documentation related to Distribution Planning procedures and systems, forecasting, and workload planning.
- Ensure consistency and clarity so all processes stay current and are updated on schedule.
- Recommend appropriate responses to regulatory agency, external vendors and internal partner inquiries.
- Lead innovation and invention required to drive efficiencies in the future operating model
- M.S. in engineering, operations research, math, advanced statistics, physics, and/or computer science;
- A minimum of 6 year's experience
- Prefer candidates with previous Supply Chain experience / exposure (HQ or DC's)
- Good problem solving and project management experience
- Comfort with ambiguity
- Track record of driving innovation/ invention
- Self contained from a data analytics/ business intelligence standpoint
- Can make decisions with little to no guidance from manager or other leaders
- Strong communication skills
- A strong passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions with data
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills