Sr. Tax Accountant
Sr. Tax Accountant (Contract from May-Sept)- Minnetonka, MN
Doherty Career Solutions has teamed with a family office to hire a Contract Sr. Tax Accountant, expecting to run from May through September. The Tax Accountant will prepare income tax returns for partnerships, S corporations, LLC’s, trusts, and individuals.
*5 month Contract (starting after busy season)
- Prepares or reviews federal, state and local income tax compliance work assuring that the work is completed timely and accurately, while applying all appropriate tax laws.
- Prepares or reviews quarterly projections of taxable income.
- Drafts correspondence with federal, state and local taxing authorities.
- Assists the Tax Supervisor and Tax Manager in providing accurate and timely advice to the company’s financial accountants and its clients.
- Performs tax law research on various income, franchise, sales and use, real estate and other tax issues as they arise, documenting conclusions as appropriate.
- Performs special projects as requested and as time permits.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3-10 years experience in Tax, with Public Accounting experience
- Experience with individual, partnerships, and other entities
- Proficient in Excel