Founded in 1984 by kidney transplant recipient, Ed Pompeian, Gift of Life Transplant House is a 501(c)(3) located in Rochester, MN. Gift of Life Transplant House provides a “Home that Helps and Heals” to over 4,600 patients and caregivers each year. The Mission Statement of Gift of Life Transplant House is to provide transplant patients and their caregivers with high-quality, affordable accommodations in a supportive and home-like environment.
The Gift of Life Transplant House is seeking a dynamic leader who is passionate about our mission. The Executive Director reports directly to the Executive Committee of the Board of Directors of Gift of Life Inc. and works collaboratively with the Gift of Life Transplant House staff and volunteers. This position has overall operational responsibility for leadership to continue meeting the mission of Gift of Life Transplant House by administering all activities of the organization within its campus and in the larger community. This includes operational responsibility for a staff of 15-20 members, work with multiple community volunteers, budget development and management, participation in community outreach activities, liaison work with Mayo Clinic Rochester Transplant Center, (William J. Von Liebig Center for Transplantation and Clinical Regeneration), Mayo Clinic Rochester Social Services, Mayo Clinic Transplant Houses in Jacksonville FL. and Scottsdale AZ. and Mayo Clinic Development Team Members. This position interacts with the Board of Directors and all committees, actively participates in fundraising, ensures governmental regulations are met, directs and supervises all staff and is the face of public relations efforts for Gift of Life Transplant House. The position requires a seasoned, collaborative and inclusive leader with strong organizational management and leadership skills to foster mutual respect and teamwork with the Board of Directors, staff, volunteers, benefactors and the community. Building strong relationships with benefactors and guests is required. This position requires a deep understanding and passion for the mission with model integrity and compassion to foster mutual respect in all interactions.
- Meets with and provides support to guests and their families regarding guest services, comments or concerns and financial needs.
- Meets with Mayo Clinic Rochester personnel regarding guest financial assistance.
- Continuously review and improve guest services.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times when necessary with all groups.
- Ensure the fiscal integrity by assisting in budget preparation and management.
- Maintain human resource services relative to salaries, hiring, terminations, benefits, personnel files, coaching for success.
- Conform to employee current handbook regulations and employment law.
- Fosters personal growth for all of staff.
- Be active in community outreach, fundraising and development outreach.
- Meet and understand needs of our guests and caregivers through face to face contact.
- Bachelor degree in management/leadership/non-profit/health and human services or solid history in similar position
- Non-profit management experience preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in senior level management
- Proficient in Outlook/Word/Excel/Power Point, valid driver’s license for limited travel
- Must pass pre-employment testing
- Must be able to work off campus and alternate hours to accommodate guest or for operational needs or special events
- Must meet normal physical requirements of typical office work duties with some limited travel
- This position requires a candidate with a Capital Campaign experience
- Candidate must live with-in 20 miles of Rochester MN
The Executive Director is a full time, exempt, salaried position. The annual salary will commensurate with qualifications and experience. The expectation is a minimum of 40 hours of work; however duties will require additional and alternate hours to accommodate house activities or guests’ needs. Benefit package available.
To apply, send cover letter detailing your qualification, resume and references to:
Application deadline is February 28, 2017
Gift of Life Transplant House is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply for Executive Director
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly