Commercial Closer - Premier Title Company
Our Minneapolis client has a direct hire opening for a Commercial Closer! This role effectively processes and closes primarily commercial transactions, while developing and servicing customers. Salary will be in the $50,000/year range depending on experience level plus commission.
- Meets with attorneys, realtors and customers to review the escrow instructions and agreements for commercial closings.
- Checks title commitments and tax certificates for accuracy, outstanding liens, exceptions or any other title problems which may be cleared prior to closing.
- Sets up escrow files, which includes the initial filing deposits and all relevant documents. Processes the title file for future examinations.
- Prepares for closing by requesting pay off statements and figuring loans, lien releases, insurance and legal records and/or necessary documents to ensure that lender instructions coincide with the purchase agreement.
- Conducts the execution of closing documents and approves the finalized closing statements. Sends package to the lender which contains items requested in the closing instructions. Disburses funds in accordance with standard accounting procedures and customer requirements; may invest earnest money.
- Addresses questions and concerns from realtors, attorneys and buyer/sellers in regard to insurance, taxes, title work, foreclosures and legal documents.
- Enters, accesses and retrieves data relevant to closings. May review, execute and distribute finalized policies.
- 3 to 5 years commercial closing experience with basic knowledge of real estate law, government regulations and established company title and escrow policies.
- Extensive knowledge of escrow closing procedures and title clearance practices.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy for soundly approving all documents and figures prior to closings.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are necessary in order to resolve disputes and effectively supervise staff.
- Ability to work well under pressure, meeting multiple and sometimes competing deadlines.
If you are an interested and qualified candidate please submit your resume using the built-in StarTribune application feature and click Apply Now, or you may email your information to firstname.lastname@example.org with JHGCEC in the subject line. Thank you!