Strategy, Planning and Management
- Ensure appropriate systems and software are in place to provide critical financial and operational information.
- Evaluate departments and make suggestions for automating processes and increasing working efficiency.
- Select and engage consultants and auditors.
- Interview and hire accounting, billing and payroll staff as required.
- Implement policies, procedures and processes as deemed appropriate.
Financial Analysis, Budgeting and Forecasting
- Prepare and present monthly financial reports including monthly profit and loss by business line compared with the prior year and budget.
- Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide recommendations.
- Develop and maintain monthly operating budget and annual company operating budget.
Accounting, General Ledger, Administration and Operations
- Supervise the accounting staff to ensure the proper functioning of payroll, accounts payable and billing and receivables. Review and ensure application of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures.
- Prepare monthly and annual financial statements.
- Prepare and file in a timely manner all local, state and federal tax returns as well as all Medicare required reporting.
- Complete the month-end close process, constantly reviewing procedures while eliminating inefficiencies.
- Prepare all month-end journal entries.
- Serve as a key point of contact for external auditors; Prepare or facilitate the support for the external audit.
- Manage cash flow planning process and ensure funds availability.
- Maintain relationships with bankers and vendors, as appropriate.
- Remain current on state, federal and local laws regarding company operations.
- Remain current on all Medicare regulations as it relates to the finances of the agency.
- Assist with Accounts Payable as necessary.
- Oversee billing and Accounts Receivable and provide guidance relating to the collection process
Chief Financial Officer (CFO) – Position Requirements
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA Preferred
- 3 years minimum experience in accounting in the healthcare industry preferred
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Excellent analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Experience working with external auditors, internal controls and Medicare regulations
Apply for CFO
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly