Doherty Career Solutions has partnered with a global leader in medical technology, services and solutions. We are looking for an experienced Buyer with at least 1-3 years of buying experience working in a manufacturing facility. The right candidate will have SAP experience, customer focused, driven for results and a can do attitude. As well as effectively utilize skills and experience in Planning, Purchasing, Negotiating, Production Scheduling and Project Management to meet the goals of the Materials Group.
This Buyer position is in located in Plymouth, MN and is a contract position for a guarantee of at least 1 year. The following are the details of the position.
- Enter and maintain accurate purchasing parameters (lead times, replenishment location/method, and primary vendor)
- Issue purchase orders with proper material specifications and drawings
- Manage purchase orders for accuracy, delivery date, and expedite accordingly
- Effectively utilize computer software, reports and manual systems to ensure the timely receipt of goods, services and information
- Appraise production of any part shortages, provide daily communication until the shortage is resolved, and analyze shortage to implement corrective action
- Keep purchasing management informed of important developments, potential problems and related information necessary for effective management
- Responsible for planning, buying and scheduling of production related needs and materials through the production system to meet company objectives.
- Understand and execute the Policies & Procedures of the company in satisfying the day to day requirements of planning, procurement and production scheduling.
- Utilize Lean & Six Sigma tools within areas of responsibility to meet Department and Company objectives.
- · Work in and promote a team environment, including participation on cross-functional problem-solving and Continuous Improvement teams.
· 1-3 years of purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment
· APICS Certification Preferred. CPM certification a plus
· ERP systems experience - SAP knowledge required
· General computer and software skills (Excel, Word, Power Point, etc.)
· Proven track record of Organization and Project Management skills
· Medical Products Experience a plus
- Bachelor's degree in business, engineering, or materials management required with certification in supply chain management preferred.
Don't miss out on this opportunity to work with a leading organization in the industry! Contact executive recruiter Kelly Sheppard via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: 952-562-1025.