- Employment Status
- Full Time
Doherty Top Talent is hiring for an Insurance Agent in Leawood, KS. This position is with Reece & Nichols Insurance, an affiliate of a national real estate brokerage firm. It is a direct-hire opportunity with competitive compensation and benefits. The main responsibility of this role is to assess for risk exposure on personal and/or commercial properties, make appropriate recommendations, and place coverage to address risks.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· Market and sell personal lines insurance policies.
· Proactively contact all leads to recommend appropriate insurance, quote and place coverage.
· Identify and assess client risk exposures.
· Foster referral relationships with all real estate personnel including agents, office managers and mortgage brokers to maximize sales opportunities.
· Provide work direction as appropriate to new business specialists to ensure all aspects of client on-boarding are completed properly and in a timely manner.
· Actively monitor and report to management any circumstances that may lead to a potential or actual insurance errors and omissions claim, DOI (department of insurance) or related complaints.
· Remain current on industry trends and specific carrier underwriting requirements. Follow all company procedures and processing guidelines.
· Ensure license remains current to include taking CEUs as needed in a timely manner.
· Perform any additional responsibilities as requested or assigned.
· Associate's degree or equivalent work experience and knowledge; bachelor's degree preferred.
· Two years' successful personal lines insurance sales experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Working knowledge of risk assessment and risk management techniques.
· Analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
· Oral, written and interpersonal skills.
· Time management and organizational skills.
· Appropriate state agent/broker personal lines insurance license.
Doherty Top Talent has been a workforce industry leader since 1980, offering staffing, payroll and recruiting service to companies nationwide. We recruit and place qualified individuals in industries such as industrial, manufacturing, clerical and professional. Whether you are looking for full-time or part-time employment, Doherty focuses on finding a career that matches your character and skills to the right company. In addition to competitive pay, we offer employee benefits, direct deposit, and weekly paychecks.